Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Android Auto Loading Wirelessly

152bobby

Nearly a year of ownership with my Aygo X.

I have a question in regards to AA and CP.

When I first got the car and set it up with my phone and android auto etc, when I got in the car it would auto pair  wirelessly with my phone and AA and the screen would go straight to the AA maps screen.  Now I have to press the icon highlighted in the photo attached.

To be honest, when it did do this and worked well, it did it probably 7 out of 10 times.  Now, it doesn't at all.

It's not a huge problem for me, but I just got used to it going straight into the maps screen without me doing anything.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

20230919_133655~2.jpg

Yeah, i think you are right. 

The car received an update 2 times.

Android auto was updated a few times too since I got the car.

I noticed it doesn't block so often any more while driving and showing the map / GPS and when it blocks, it doesn't interrupt the radio or phone sound. It recovers faster than before too.

I noticed the wireless pairing doesnt get the 7 out of 10 you stated in my car. Most often the system asks me to connect with a cable which I always have ready.

Need to check if I still have all x's set right.

So, all is well that ends well ?

53 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

Yeah, i think you are right. 

The car received an update 2 times.

Android auto was updated a few times too since I got the car.

I noticed it doesn't block so often any more while driving and showing the map / GPS and when it blocks, it doesn't interrupt the radio or phone sound. It recovers faster than before too.

I noticed the wireless pairing doesnt get the 7 out of 10 you stated in my car. Most often the system asks me to connect with a cable which I always have ready.

Need to check if I still have all x's set right.

So, all is well that ends well ?

I'm going to see if I can email (or something) the Toyota Dept responsible for the infotainment system, as this has probably happened due to a AA update or a possible Infotainment update in the car and has resulted in this very handy option to be disabled. 

Maybe I'm tempting fate by saying this, but since discussing this, my head unit goes direct to maps without me doing anything....long may it last.  So something's been update possibly ?  Either the MyT software or AA.....or it's just starting working again for no reason.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links