Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota App needs some tweaks!

The Earl

Hi,

I'm not sure of the correct way to highlight some shortfalls in they new MyToyota App.

The things I found as a ‘newbie’ are:

1. How do I set my ‘Home’ into the the navigation system?
  2. As mentioned on previous posts, the remote climate control on my RAV4 has no temperature slider or demisting options for the windows.
  3. I have noticed that there doesn’t appear to be a find my car option

Is it me being stupid, if so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Earl said:

Hi,

I'm not sure of the correct way to highlight some shortfalls in they new MyToyota App.

2. As mentioned on previous posts, the remote climate control on my RAV4 has no temperature slider or demisting options for the windows.

Cheers

1. Have you input your home address into the personal info section on the account tab on the app?  My house shows on mine, on the "where to?" section of the app.  My car correctly shows my car location which is 50m away from the door of my house.  It correctly shows where my car is parked when I'm somewhere else. image.thumb.jpeg.5fb40c68b1c91bc578ed5c757a49a702.jpeg

2. The remote climate feature does have a slider on my app, but that's all. image.thumb.jpeg.f2ab79c5657dbc6e8388fff3b315ed93.jpeg

I find the "where to?" question in the app confusing.  I had assumed that it was for searching for a location then finding a route which could then be sent to the car's navigation system, but as that doesn't work, it maybe to find your way to your parked car!

3 hours ago, The Earl said:

Hi,

Cheers

On the MyToyota app if you click “Start Climate” it brings up a slider temperature control and also defrost front & rear on/off options Then “Start Climate”

if I select Mapbox it brings up “where to” with a red round dot and red vehicle. If I put a postcode in the “where to” it changes the map to the selected postcode 

Click on the car and it brings up the option to navigate or share, if I click on navigate it asks if I want to use either Google or Apple Maps. Try Google maps if installed on your device and it should direct you to your parked car.

it seems it’s only useful for finding your parked car if you can’t remember where you left it 😀

I have not been able to send a location to the car for navigation ?

Anyone found a way yet ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaveST said:

1. Have you input your home address into the personal info section on the account tab on the app?  My house shows on mine, on the "where to?" section of the app.  My car correctly shows my car location which is 50m away from the door of my house.  It correctly shows where my car is parked when I'm somewhere else. image.thumb.jpeg.5fb40c68b1c91bc578ed5c757a49a702.jpeg

2. The remote climate feature does have a slider on my app, but that's all. image.thumb.jpeg.f2ab79c5657dbc6e8388fff3b315ed93.jpeg

I find the "where to?" question in the app confusing.  I had assumed that it was for searching for a location then finding a route which could then be sent to the car's navigation system, but as that doesn't work, it maybe to find your way to your parked car!

👍

8 hours ago, DaveST said:

👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links