Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leak in back

Sean merrett

Hi I’ve got a 64 plate aygo and the rear passenger side floor keeps getting wet it’s doesn’t seem to be coming from the window as the floor mats are dry on top so any ideas and solutions would be highly appreciated 

• Sad 1

Hi Sean, common issue it seems by previous posts. It can be really frustrating to locate the leak along with the drying time on the carpets etc. Many people leave it waiting for more rain to try and locate how water is coming in.

If it's not obvious from water getting in through the rear light gasket or boot seals then spray a hose over each panel starting from the rear and this should show where the leak is.👍

• Like 2

Hi Sean,

Is your Aygo a five door or the three door? The five doors can leak around the door seals or internally within door cavity. Also do you park the vehicle anywhere thats on an slope?

My partner has had water ingress into the rear of her Aygo, 107 and her current C1. I've been able to cure all the leaks on each of these using silicone sealer between the offending fittings and the body work. Or you can purchase new gaskets but they're expensive for what they are. Check to see is you have any sign of a damp headlining, they can leak from very high in the roof area.

It's more usual to find water sitting in the spare wheel well with the carpet wet in the surrounding boot area. KIien71's suggestion is one of the most likely points where the thin neoprene gasket dries out and shrinks allowing water inside the back of the vehicle.

Also the rear light clusters can suffer in the same way along with the rear air vents but they're hidden behind the rear bumper.

The C1 has had a persistent leak that wasn't totally cured by resealing the light fittings. Eventually found that the water was seeping through the the drivers side glass tailgate hinge. Noticed the hinge wasn't a tight fit with the body on that side of the vehicle. Used a black sealer adhesive there having undone the hinge, carefully support the glass door, and cleaned up all the mating faces and replacing.

Good luck and keep us informed Sean.

• Like 2

The easiest way to find the leak is have someone sat in the car (in your case, at the rear seats), close the door and windows. Another person grab a garden hose and just water down the rear section of the car.  The water intrusion should reveal itself.

If the leak is difficult to spot, use blue paper towel (say shove into the door just before the weather seal, tape some underneath the windows etc).

• Like 2

Upper break light, hatch bump rubbers, door seals, all have caused leaks several times in my wife's 2008 Aygo. I have resealed several times over the years.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links