Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excessive Chassis Rust

macazimbo

Hi Everyone,

Just wanting to know how many Toyota Hilux owners are facing the same problem of major rust on the chassis of less than 10 year old vehicles?

Lat year my (what I thought was pristine and serviced, from new at our local Toyota dealer) 2015 Hilux Invincible failed the MOT (major defect), due to rust on the front crossmember. It cost in excess of £600.00 to repair. Last week it failed again, with rust on the rear crossmember. Having done a cursory look around the web, it seems like I'm not the only one affected and in the USA/ Canada there was a recall on the Tacoma (same as Hilux) model for the same reason. Toyota are not interested in entertaining any claim, as they say it's normal ware and tare. I have worked for Toyota (Service manager) in Africa and have never come across such a catastrophic failure, especially on a vehicle that is less the 10 years old and I don't, in any sense of the term, consider this to be normal.

• 4 weeks later...

Seen this problem many times over.  On my own 2013 Hilux I ended up needing pretty much every cross member and bracket in the rear end.  Toyota cost an absolute arm and leg for them, lucky I found a very helpful company NS UK Spares who had everything at a fraction of the cost.

www.nsukspares.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links