Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension

Tain

The idiot that I bought my Rev1 turbo off lowered the car by cutting the coils, the result is that the ride quality is shocking and it pulls under braking to either side, depending on the road camber. I want to get the suspension sorted out asap, but I need to do it relativley cheapley, £400 or so budget with fitting. Is this realistic and what do I need to get, reccomendations please!

It has got 17" wheels on it as well........

I would definately recommend Eibach springs then a decent set of shocks with the extra cash. However you could use decent spring with your current standard shock until you could save enough for a better uprated set.

...or find someone who has already lowered their's and buy their stock springs from them to tie you over.

I'm running standard (Bilstein) shocks with -30mm Eibach springs. Very good ride (fnar)... and I've promised my old springs (which happened to be 25mm drop and uprated anyway... doh!) to RicoMR2.

I would definately recommend eibach springs then a decent set of shocks with the extra cash. However you could use decent spring with your current standard shock until you could save enough for a better uprated set.

I can thoroughly reccomend Eibach springs. I fitted them to my car along with Koni adjustables. Totally transformed the handling. :thumbsup:

Eibach are the daddies of cheap quality springs ..

But then I got my Coilovers for less than £400 ..

Eibach are the daddies of cheap quality springs ..

But then I got my Coilovers for less than £400 ..

Much of a difference mate?

From stock to Coilovers ..

yeah .. loads ..

my ca now has no movement from the shocks and the tyres are about 2cm off the arches ..

Got one of the rears that's snapped the lug off to the anti roll bar link, so it's clanking away like billy O at the moment. Koni have said they'll replace it FOC as it's still under the 3 year warrenty, but not sure whether to go the whole hog and get platform adjustable coil overs.

What make are yours Bibbs?

Guess it depends on which route you want to take.

If you go for "normal" type shocks and lowered springs, then it can be done quite cheaply (circa £300), but if you go for the platform adjustable type as Bibbs has, then you're talking big bucks (unless you buy them second hand). I'd estimate something in the region of £7-800 for a decent platform set up. :thumbsup:

I got my H&R coilovers for £400 also, much better ride than stock, in all honesty very similar to stock & fensport F1 -40mm springs i was running before. Just slightly harder.

I'd go coilovers :)

I'm thinking about Tein with the EFDC setup .. but then I'm looking at £1500 + fitting ..

Hi all, (im back from France now...:-))

Just got my problem with the front nearside wheel scraping all sorted !!!

Got the f/n/s lower arm replaced - got the tracking sorted and now - Rides Awsome!!! - well chuffed.

I maybe dont need to get my shocks / springs all round now - BUT is the Spax full kit any good?? Theres a shop near me selling a spring/shock kit for the MR2 for £399.00 inc Vat. Now would that be good for someone like me who just wants to improve on the 12 year old stock shocks/springs??? It lowers the car 40mm too.

Bearing in mind i cant afford to be spending crazy money on this idea - i thought £399 was ok. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Adam

They are a new item ..

the spax PSX adjustable suspension kit is now available for the Toyota MR2 non-turbo. the dampers boast 28-stage adjustability rate plus are filled with inert and incredably stable krypton gas. it is therefore extremely easy to fine-tune the suspension for track or orad use. The kit is competativly prices at £399.99. visit the companys website at www.spaxperformance.com

and NA and Tubby Suspension CAN be swapped ..

They are a new item ..

the spax PSX adjustable suspension kit is now available for the Toyota MR2 non-turbo. the dampers boast 28-stage adjustability rate plus are filled with inert and incredably stable krypton gas. it is therefore extremely easy to fine-tune the suspension for track or orad use. The kit is competativly prices at £399.99. visit the companys website at www.spaxperformance.com

and NA and Tubby Suspension CAN be swapped ..

absolutely I've had many a monkey/ clown/ fool try to tell me it's all different, it won't fit blah blah blah. nonsense suspension is totally interchangable for every sw20 ever made, different length drop links are the only variation.

I've had many a monkey/ clown/ fool try to tell me it's all different, it won't fit blah blah blah. nonsense suspension is totally interchangable for every sw20 ever made, different length drop links are the only variation.

Hmmmm.... could that account for my broken drop link lug on my shock?

Right, so looking at the Spax site; the kit is NOT the full shock Strut??

Im comparing here to the Bilstein ones on the Fensport site - can anyone help me out here; Im wanting to BIN the full shock strut; shock and springs on mine currently and fully replace all round. The shocks on Fensport appear to be what i want; but i was also told for this £399 from Spax you get the whole kit....elp - confused (easy to do aint it!)

Whiteline do a nice set of springs (control springs), depends if you're aftered a lowered car or not (Whiteline only drop the car about 15mm from stock) :D , only £155 for my Mk1.

Anyone after adjustable droplinks look on www.twosrus.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links