Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Broke It :'(

Karma Supra

not much tho.. was driving through all the puddles and flooded roads (I'm sorry but its the most fun thing ever :D :D, it pleases the child within greatly :hokus-pokus:)

Anyway after driving through an exceptionally long, deep and muddy puddle I started hearing a very horrid graunching rubbing not overly healthy sound, and I could feel it through the steering wheel!! (followed by the usual billows of steam from the engine!)

I got out to find my arch liner has been ripped out underneath and pulled out so its sticking out the side off the car, jamed between the arch and the tyre.. I fixed it and carried on...

By the time I got home it was hanging out again, and the other side is showing signs of falling apart!!

Is this a common MR2 thing??? Has it happened to anyone else here??

OH dear :(

playground antics eh!! ;) Admitedly i like playing in puddles too :P

Havnt had this though mate so cant really help am afraid.

Mate, you really don't want to drive through puddles in a MKII MR2 :ph34r: You are lucky, it could have been a lot worse :blink:

With the side entry scoops for air isnt it a lot easier to suck water into the engine and bend valves on the 2's ?

R.

lets hope you dont put it up here for sale in a few months... your for sale thread will be treated like the plague :lol::lol:

as everyone here is bein pesimistic mat just thought id say im sure its fine but if u wanna look at it under a pit give me a shout u can use mine in the workshop at home

ed

With the side entry scoops for air isnt it a lot easier to suck water into the engine and bend valves on the 2's ?

R.

no i wouldnt say that could happen. infact there probably a bit better waterproofed than a front engined car.

Mate, you really don't want to drive through puddles in a MKII MR2 :ph34r: You are lucky, it could have been a lot worse :blink:

aquaplading in a rear wheel drive car aint funny especially when corners are invovled. :blink: lol

charlie please stop destroying cars or there will be none left for the rest of us :lol:

Is just an arch liner thats come undone.. no big deal, thats happened is those plastic blocks that you screw the archliner into has popped out thats all.. I don't see why it would affect sellingthe car at all.. "I must warn you, about 4 years ago, a screw came undone and the archliner came loose" :D

As for rwd, would much rather aqua plane in a rwd car then a fwd car, I feel far more secure in RWD, and infact have a near phobia of FWD cars!! (you can catch it when the rear end pops out of line, but if you are understeering like mad and heading for a wall, you can't!!)

I guess it all boils down to what you are used to, I had a soarer TT at 17 with rear tyres so bald you could not even see where the tread was meant to be, (student, could not afford to replace tyres, etc etc)

around here with the flooded roads we get every time it rains, you can imagine I got pretty sharp at catching the rear end when it steps out totally unexpected (usually when the auto box changed gear), I have had rwd since :)

99% of people these days have always had fwd cars and are not quite as home if not slightly scared of rwd cars......

I do however seriously need to get my tracking done and sort the brakes... they stop fine but I have a sticky one that makes the car a little less balanced.. again, no money.... :ffs:

By the way.. cheers Ed.. muchly appretiated!!! I have no had a poper look under this car yet!!!

I have to take the front wheels off soon anyway as I need to change the disks/pads/caliper seals so I'll be able to sort the archliner then.. but cheers for the offer... muchly appretiated ;)

R.

All the induction stuff is still facing skywards, well towards the roof of the car, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I have a bit of plastic under tray which has bent a bit. It sometimes catches on deep puddles and can cause some interesting handling at high speed. I've gotten quite good at the whole corrective lock thing...

lol the under plate is fine on mine, which is funny as my experiance with other toyotas (supras and soarers) it soon splits and/or falls off :lol:

All sorted now, all it was was two screws had popped out, and the resulting flappy liner caught the water and changed position.. all sorted now!! checked underneath and everything is perfectly in order!!!

It seems the cause is the bottom screw in the "rear" part of the liner falls out, it has come out on both sides, not the actual screw but the plastic block it screws into.. so next time you playing with the car check it!!

mine came loose the other week, and was rubbing against my wheel, but the stereo was loud and i didnt notice. i moved it back in position and tie wrapped it the the other piece under the bumper, albiet too late as the wheel has destroyed most of it!

ah well, im sure we can find new ones at a scrapper! :thumbsup:

I'm suprised you could not feel it!!! as soon as it touched the front wheel I could feel it through the steering wheel!!!! stopped and re arranged it on the spot so no damage done :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links