Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo engine codes

DaytonaUK

1KR -52M code meaning

Just the meaning of the 'M' 

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks.

(Engine is from 2011 aygo FL61 ULZ. 1KR -B52M 200)

Thanks

I need further convincing.  Some engines have an M in the code, most don't.

Could it denote that the engine is for an automatic gearbox?

IMG-20231014-WA0004.jpg

Nope, it's the spec/euro spec it's built to as I said above it's an internal production code, there is no fixed information for these codes just a best guess

MK1 Aygo engines are usually 1KR B52

MK2 Aygo engines are usually 1KR 52M

but there are many variations especially the later ones due to the ever-changing Euro standard, off the top of my head 52M is euro 6 2014-2018 (EGR system and other minor changes)

The triplets use the 1KR but different specs, 1KR in the IQ used a different Block, 1KR in the Yaris has differences again

The MMT's in the KGB 10 and 40 are automated manuals from a mechanical and physical point they are the same as a manual - MMT uses a different clutch as it doesn't use a CSC

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Nope, it's the spec/euro spec it's built to as I said above it's an internal production code, there is no fixed information for these codes just a best guess

MK1 Aygo engines are usually 1KR B52

MK2 Aygo engines are usually 1KR 52M

but there are many variations especially the later ones due to the ever-changing Euro standard, off the top of my head 52M is euro 6 2014-2018 (EGR system and other minor changes)

The triplets use the 1KR but different specs, 1KR in the IQ used a different Block, 1KR in the Yaris has differences again

The MMT's in the KGB 10 and 40 are automated manuals from a mechanical and physical point they are the same as a manual - MMT uses a different clutch as it doesn't use a CSC

Very helpful, thank you very much.

13 hours ago, DaytonaUK said:

13 hours ago, DaytonaUK said:

Just one more question.  This 52M engine is currently in a mk1 aygo 2011. Date code on cam chain cover is 2011 etc, so not from a 2014 onward mk2.  Car is also non egr, hence my confusion.

I was going to fit this 1kr 52m 200 engine to an 2011 aygo currently with a 1kr 52 180 engine.

Just wishing not to make a mistake before committing to the job

Any known differences in flywheel size\teeth etc?

Grateful for your comments.  Thanks.

As i said above, there is no fixed information for these codes, just a best guess, there is no published information, replacement long block from Toyota is part No. 19000-0Q040 09/2010 - 02/2012 (that makes it euro 5)

if you are looking for an engine go for the same year +/- 1 year and gearbox, the cranks are the same it's just a different flywheel

2008-2014 are all the same, it's the Mk2 that has the big changes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links