Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Expected motorway mpg?

Gren

Even with engine reached normal operating temperature in cold climates the ecu will keep engage engine more often to propel the car than if you drive in warmer climates or weather. This is happening because the car control chooses optimum drive to preserve Battery health. Same applies in very hot temperatures during summer times. , especially with ac on and working hard the engine will kick in much sooner that if you drive in more moderate temperatures. When weather is cold fuel consumption rises, thermal efficiency comes into play too, the more efficient is the power train the more affected is by the weather conditions. 
Another big factors are wind, rain and under inflated tyres. 

6 hours ago, ToonCat64 said:

Hello, 

I have read the above reports of high fuel efficiency with interest. We took delivery of a Yaris Cross Hybrid in October and we can not get the fuel consumption above 50 MPG 😞 .... either there is something wrong with our vehicle or we just haven't learnt how to drive it efficiently .... anybody have any ideas on this ? 

That's just winter - EVs and hybrids tend to be hit hardest by the cold. (Followed by diesels and lastly petrols, which have the least variance)

If you really want mpg over anything else, turn off the heater and make sure your tyres are inflated a psi or so above the recommended pressure - That can boost the mpgs up a chunk.

Personally however, I've reluctantly concluded losing a bit of mpg for additional cabin heating is preferable to freezing my unmentionables off in traffic...!

Ride it out until summer comes round and the mpg will shoot back up again!

• Like 5

Think bob gets a bit confused when crunching numbers like mpg, PCP, finance settlement etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I am confused about who is confused and what they confused about.

It's very confusing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Confounded confused contributions by the confused is confusing.

Confused of Tunbridge Wells 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

I think you lot may have posted in the wrong thread; The Word Association thread is over there! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The confusification caused by the confusion and confusing information spread on confusing threads by the confused confusing confused with being confused in the present tense.

... Oh I give up 😞,too confusing.

• Haha 4

@Rhymes with Paris

Paul, did you ever help with the scripts for 'Yes Minister'? If you did, I congratulate you - that and 'Yes Prime Minister' are two of the best programmes ever broadcast).

2 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

@Rhymes with Paris

Paul, did you ever help with the scripts for 'Yes Minister'? If you did, I congratulate you - that and 'Yes Prime Minister' are two of the best programmes ever broadcast).

Oh, I wish I could claim that David, but alas no, I cannot.

However, I do enjoy wordplay, and malapropisms.

• Thanks 1

After a couple of months my wife just getting used to her 2013 ( 47K mile) Yaris Hybrid 

She is seeing about 60 mpg around town and has just done a 600 round trip of mixed ( but quite a lot of m/way and d/carridge way) mixed driving and got 55mpg. Have done a few full tanl to full tank chects and it seem the computer is 3/4% optimistic. 

Does this sound par for the course?

Anyone know what the "reserve" fuel capacity. is?. With 1 gallon showing on the gauge only got 27 litres into the tank.

2 hours ago, TDG said:

has just done a 600 round trip of mixed ( but quite a lot of m/way and d/carridge way) mixed driving and got 55mpg.

Does this sound par for the course?

Yes, this is much the same as I'm getting.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links