Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Speaker Discover.......

buganna

now now now then,

after having to remove what seemed half the interior plasitcs on this car, i finally managed to get to the rear speaker mounting area.

hey hey, the speaker wires ARE THERE !!!!

they are cable ties to another set of leads, co could not be seen previously.

tested them out, sure thing, they transmit audio signals from head unit

HOWEVER,

Mr + Mrs Toyota, designed the Speakers to be 3 point AND ALSO the bolts are NOT at standard speaker fitment, they are further from the speaker chassis that a normal car speaker

end result ?

bought a pair of Toyota Speakers from a breaker for £ 20 notes.

i dont know how much they cost new, but im guessing a lot lot more than that - anyone know ? ( ahem, cough......splatter )

I dont think any 10cm is gonna be brill, so toyotas should not be far off the best you can get for such a small size

also, the Toyota head unit, is made by Matsu****as, who produce Panasonic / Technics goods, so CANT BE THAT BAD.

gonna replace head unit with Sony cd tuner. hope sound quality improves.

all in a days work.

Buggs :P

Mr T ICE is fairly pap .. the only thing papper? Sony ICE ..

Alpine or Nakamichi if you want sound quality

dont settle for nothing less

Alpine or Nakamichi if you want sound quality

dont settle for nothing less

:thumbsup:

I used to have a kenwood *shudder* ..

KENWOOD head units SUCK!! Pioneer are much better....i heard that Nakamichi are just gr8. I would nevr buy a Sony head unit though........

KENWOOD head units SUCK!! Pioneer are much better....i heard that Nakamichi are just gr8. I would nevr buy a Sony head unit though........

I second that.... my KDC-S5009 head unit (free off the shelf in our tool shed!) has a shorted out internal amp.... a friend of mine who is really good with electronics opened it up and disabled it (less heat) and I just run a Kenwood amp (also free off the shelf in the tool shed) through the preouts... works fine for a setup I paid a total of $70 for (for the 4" Infinity Kappas in the front doors... I had free 4" Infinity References in the front, but those fell victim to the Kenwood's wrath, but the 6½" Infinity Reference rears are still alive and kicking). I'll be adding a (very) small sub in the future, when funds allow. I still value my boot space.

I hadn't gotten to replying to the original post, but two of our other Toyota vehicles (an '89 truck and a '92 Camry) had come with speaker wiring in the rear even though they had 2-speaker audio. I would have posted sooner, but I haven't had the free time to browse the boards.

Hence my use of the term "used" ..

Now got a blinging Alpine with JL Audio sub and amps ..

Nakamichi looks like an old !Removed! of a Ford Keycode std radio

cd700ii_new.jpg

but these babys are hand crafted by God himself!

absolutely nothing has gone into making silly graphical displays and flashing lights all totally reserved for pure sound quality

:thumbsup:

Naka's are the badgers brackets .. a shame they are so damn expensive .. but I suppose God charges from creating them by the hour ..

think the 7011 retails at roughly £700 :eek:

the Naka dolby 5.1 amp is roughly £2500!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links