Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High insurance costs .........

Dave47

I have been with LV+ for quite a few years but they have informed me that they can’t renew my policy from 1st April due to a combination of postcode and RAV4 as they say that they get too many theft claims and the cost is just too high to offer a reasonable premium. It looks like I will have to end up paying around £1000-1400 for an inferior insurance policy, when before covid I was paying around £400 but it’s been gradually increasing ever since. I thought of selling the car but I like it and it probably won’t fetch much in London if people can’t insure it. 

• Sad 1

Its not just about the RAV4, the insurance industry continues to rip people off, plead poverty and then report high profits/dividends. Best advice is to shop around and not be loyal to any one company.

• Like 1

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 8:11 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

£2096.15 with 17 years no claim bonus and £1375 compulsory excess... rip off

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

They must think April 1st came early…. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shootgun said:

Who is that with...Adrian Flux

22 minutes ago, MC1216 said:

Who is that with...Adrian Flux

yes

On 3/12/2024 at 7:39 PM, ROCKETRON said:

I have been with LV+ for quite a few years but they have informed me that they can’t renew my policy from 1st April due to a combination of postcode and RAV4 as they say that they get too many theft claims and the cost is just too high to offer a reasonable premium. It looks like I will have to end up paying around £1000-1400 for an inferior insurance policy, when before covid I was paying around £400 but it’s been gradually increasing ever since. I thought of selling the car but I like it and it probably won’t fetch much in London if people can’t insure it. 

I finally got a policy with AXA+ but had to pay nearly£1200, with a reasonable excess. I could have had a cheaper premium but from companies that you have never heard of and with huge excesses. (Go skippy, marmalade). Only time will tell if AXA+ are any good but policy doesn’t kick in until 1st April.

Just spoke to my neighbour who has a Tesla and his went fro £1200 to £2800 with and increased excess. Having checked around he felt that was the best he was going to get. I’ve no idea who he’s with just got the best value available. 

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Just spoke to my neighbour who has a Tesla and his went fro £1200 to £2800 with and increased excess. Having checked around he felt that was the best he was going to get. I’ve no idea who he’s with just got the best value available. 

More of these Teslas and other electric cars on the roads, higher rates for everyone. Even a minor incident can result in a total loss, nobody repairs them. And even If you do, you will be paying a hefty amount. If you thought dealer prices were high, check out Tesla's world. Basic stuff like bumper replacement can go up to a couple of thousands. Electric cars are a huge cost to insurance companies, and guess who's paying for that ...

• Like 1

Topic moved to Insurance Discussions.

On 3/16/2024 at 7:17 AM, Shootgun said:

Hi.

I'm sorry we were unable to offer you a competitive insurance quotation.

Regards,

Dan.

• 2 months later...

Not looking forward to October when my renewal is as last year it went from  2022 £639 to£1429 though having told my current insurer I’d be shopping around I given another quote of £1,310 .

shopping around quotes were up to £2300 mad with full no claims discount though I’m now 80 years young . Vehicle 2022 Corolla Hybrid 

• Sad 2

Unfortunately it's probably more an age thing than the car you are driving. I don't agree with the insurance companies on this one, if you are fit and mentally astute I see no reason to charge so much.

Hi.

When you're ready please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

Can anyone recommend or know of a reasonable and reliable car insurance company that I can get a quote for my 72plate Yaris Cross. 
Are there any companies out there that favour Toyota over other makes? 
obvs I have been on the comparison market websites, and so far ridiculously expensive. 
many thanks in advance. 

Topic moved to Insurance Discussions.

What do you class as expensive, flux are not great with newer cars

AA quoted me a reasonable rate and saved another 10% going through compare the market

£550 - 1000 is in the ballpark for most for a Yaris or Grumpy

2 hours ago, Graham47 said:

Have you looked at a quote from Toyota Insurance itself ?

https://toyotamotorinsurance.co.uk

Thank you for the advice, will check them out. 👍

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

What do you class as expensive, flux are not great with newer cars

AA quoted me a reasonable rate and saved another 10% going through compare the market

£550 - 1000 is in the ballpark for most for a Yaris or Grumpy

Been getting quotes from £680 to over £1000 😧😧🙈🙈

• Sad 2

I got a renewal for 300+% of what I was paying, in the last few years rates have crept up by 10-20% per year

with NCB capped at 9 years since 2020-2021

watch out for cheaper policies with a lot of them everything is an add-on

• Sad 3

I have just purchased the Toyota Yaris Cross Première Edition 130 BHP and I'm having problems insuring it. Even Toyota car insurance DO NOT have the car on their insurance system. I have rung Toyota insurance and they are going to have to speak to the underwriter and get back to me?? Surely this particular model should be on the Toyota system?

• Sad 1

only some underwriters have the car on the system as it's a brand-new model for 2024 others have had the same issue, they may be able to pin it down by the VIN

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links