Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High insurance costs .........

Dave47

4 hours ago, Roy Gladwell said:

I have just purchased the Toyota Yaris Cross Première Edition 130 BHP and I'm having problems insuring it. Even Toyota car insurance DO NOT have the car on their insurance system. I have rung Toyota insurance and they are going to have to speak to the underwriter and get back to me?? Surely this particular model should be on the Toyota system?

Oh good grief not this again... we had a few members go through this with the non-Cross Yaris 130 - I can't believe it's happening again with the YC 130!! :wallbash:

One member even got into a fight with their dealer as they were trying to force them to take the car despite them being unable to get a sane quote due to so few insurers having the car on the system. Thankfully that wasn't the case across the board, as another member's dealer understood what was going on and were willing to hold onto the car until the insurance situation was sorted out.

Send an e-mail to cr@toyota.co.uk and tell them what's going on and to get the insurance sorted out ASAP. I can't believe they've dropped the ball twice for the same thing!

• Like 1

Hi.

Please do feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please do feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan. 

Dan can you PM me pls

I used confused.com recently to get a quote for a YC Premier Edition and the prices started at £406. 72 year old living in Devon.

• Like 1

I have just done fatens Citroen insurance. As usual it makes no sense whatsoever.

Last year £430

Renewal £480

Go compare £340

Good quote, I shall just check the details. Second born (boy) on there as a named driver showing provisional but he passed his test two years ago so I change that thinking it will be cheaper, no such luck, new quote £730. Removed him completely and it is £327 so I bought it. This also includes first born (daughter) as a provisional license holder.

Second born's insurance covers him third party anyway.

There is  absolutely no sense to it whatsoever and you just have to alter every variable like excesses and mileage. You cannot predict if it will go up or down when you increase or decrease the excess or the mileage or the add ons like bonus protection.

I do try to use Quidco because they give you cash back rather than fluffy toys but they have made some changes to their website and it does not work properly any more at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links