Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote climate Control does not work - RAV4 HEV MY23

Emerceen

Every time I try to turn on the remote climate control, the app displays notification:
"Something has gone wrong, the climate control system cannot be switched ON or OFF. Please try again later".

The notification appears after the car's hazard lights flash several times.

Has anyone managed to solve this problem?

• Like 2

On the PHEV version, the lights flashing means the command has been passed to the car and the heating/cooling has always been operational.

That said, the app communication can be very flaky at times, works well for weeks on end then just refuses to communicate correctly. So it might just start to work without any further intervention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible to use remotecontrol in MyT app to preheat cabin in HEV ?

I cant preheat our phev if the traction Battery are empty 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerceen said:

Every time I try to turn on the remote climate control, the app displays notification:
"Something has gone wrong, the climate control system cannot be switched ON or OFF. Please try again later".

Does the HEV actually support remote climate operations? It would need to start the engine to do so ...

My 2020 model certainly doesn't.

• Thanks 1

Yes, officially HEV supports remote climate operations. If necessary, it can start the engine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Emerceen said:

Yes, officially HEV supports remote climate operations. If necessary, it can start the engine.

Is there any AC button on Your car key ?

If so, try to press that Button to se If preheat cabin start.

You have to stand pretty close to Your car, to do that

30 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Is there any AC button on Your car key ?

If so, try to press that Button to se If preheat cabin start.

You have to stand pretty close to Your car, to do that

No, there is not an AC button on my car key.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Emerceen said:

No, there is not an AC button on my car key.

Ok.

Then I doubt there is any preheat abilities 

But there is no room for doubt 🙂 This is an official feature from the car spec and works for many users, but in my case there is a problem.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Emerceen said:

But there is no room for doubt 🙂 This is an official feature from the car spec and works for many users, but in my case there is a problem.

Do You know other HEV owners that had those abilities?

Would be very nice cause I have thought about buying an HEV but abilities to pre climate are crusial to me.

Is it the new 2023 HEV that got those abilities?

Yes, I know other owners. Every RAV4 from MY23 on the Polish market has remote MyT functions, including the remote climate control.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Emerceen said:

Yes, I know other owners. Every RAV4 from MY23 on the Polish market has remote MyT functions, including the remote climate control.

Thanks.

Then I'll check with my local Toyota dealer here in Sweden 

I have just tried mine for the first time through the app and it worked just fine but when I went into the app there was an update waiting so I updated first.

I found it very noisy!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GBgraham said:

I have just tried mine for the first time through the app and it worked just fine but when I went into the app there was an update waiting so I updated first.

I found it very noisy!

Do You have a HEV?

Our 2020 PHEV are quite ( not quiet)  noisy in preheat mood too.

11 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Do You have a HEV?

Our 2020 PHEV are quite ( not quiet)  noisy in preheat mood too.

Yes it's the PHEV and I was surprised by the noise, I new it was working because I could hear it in the house.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GBgraham said:

Yes it's the PHEV and I was surprised by the noise, I new it was working because I could hear it in the house.

🙂

Ok. No HEV then 

My PHEV was very noisy until the car was updated to modify the way it operates when it’s cold. It does still make a noise which I guess is the heat pump and compressor. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 11:36 AM, Emerceen said:

Have You solved the problem yet ?

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 5:24 PM, HSDish said:

Have You solved the problem yet ?

Nope

• Like 1

I think I’d log out and delete the app. Reinstall app and log back in again. This can often work when logic fails.

• Like 2

I tried this out for the first time today and it worked fine. I had to hold down the start climate on the app, the hazard lights flashed a few times and then it said it would run for 10 mins and a count down timer appeared in the app. Very please with the feature, remote start via the fob is something that is pretty much standard on alot of cars in North America to finally have it (albeit via app) here is great!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 11/27/2023 at 1:39 PM, ToyotaFanDriver said:

I tried this out for the first time today and it worked fine. I had to hold down the start climate on the app, the hazard lights flashed a few times and then it said it would run for 10 mins and a count down timer appeared in the app. Very please with the feature, remote start via the fob is something that is pretty much standard on alot of cars in North America to finally have it (albeit via app) here is great!

hi, do you have the HEV or PHEV Rav4?  did you get the option to set the temp, and front and rear demisters on the app?

11 hours ago, J2024IE said:

hi, do you have the HEV or PHEV Rav4?  did you get the option to set the temp, and front and rear demisters on the app?

I have just the HEV Rav4. There was no option to set temps, essentially whatever you have left the temperatures on in the car is what it will be when you turn on the app. No options for demisters.

Using the feature is the same as getting into the car and putting it into ready mode (starting the car) for 20 minutes. Its not perfect but useful in the winter when taking my little one to nursery and not having a frozen car!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

I have just the HEV Rav4. There was no option to set temps, essentially whatever you have left the temperatures on in the car is what it will be when you turn on the app. No options for demisters.

Using the feature is the same as getting into the car and putting it into ready mode (starting the car) for 20 minutes. Its not perfect but useful in the winter when taking my little one to nursery and not having a frozen car!

... and a feature that wasn't / isn't available on a 2020 MY car ...

I'd have to go out and put the car into Ready mode (and could then set the demisters as I like) but by then would already be in the car so would wait 5 / 10 minutes and go! 🙂 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links