Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota App features lost

JonathanP

I've been moved to the new MyToyota app and I don't see any benefits at all, in fact most features of the MyT app seem to have gone. 😞
I didn't have a lot of functionality anyway with the Prius, but even the limited functions I did have are gone.
The map doesn't have a send to car option, and it has only just started to show the car location.
Journey history only seems to show a monthly summery (sometimes I'm able to look at days). mpg always registers as 0.

It's also painfully slow 😞

Has anyone else lost functions since being moved from the MyT app, did removing the car from your account and re-adding help at all (I don't want to mess anything up by trying that)

• Like 2

Complained, here is Toyota response

Thank you for contacting us.

Just recently we have encountered a number of issues relating to the connected car functionality and our application ‘app’. We are aware of various issues, some of which we know to be a direct result of some recent system changes and the migration of the app to a new platform. While we remain sure of the longer term benefits of this migration, at this moment in time, users might expect some functionality issues where we have no immediate fix. It appears your enquiry relates directly to this matter. Please rest assured we are doing all we can to get to the bottom of these issues but in the meantime we are not able to offer immediate advice or a corrective course of action. We are working towards resolving all current issues. In the meantime, should you choose to remove and reinstall the app and restart the connection process to your vehicle, this will have no detrimental effect. Once we are confident the corrective measures have been made, we will advise all our Centres who can then support and advise you as necessary. If still required, support will be available in the new year from your local Centre. We are sorry for any inconvenience or disruption as a result of this temporary problem and hope this won’t impact greatly on your overall satisfaction with us.

Kind regards

Luke Walker
Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC  
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK

• Like 2

With my 2020 RAV it doesn't have anything more than the old app had.  So I don't see fuel or range.  I think this is normal but I'm waiting until they get a stable app.

IMO another example of Agile practices being rubbish, the rush to deliver an MVP app means things get released too quickly.

• Like 1

Pleased that it's not just me, but as both apps have been around for sometime I'm surprised that the migration to MyToyota from MyT isn't going very well.
I'm guessing the newer app just hasn't been designed to support older car multimedia systems.
I always found it odd that being the first hybrid model I was told ages ago that the Hybrid coaching stats (think that's what it was) wouldn't work with the Prius due to older multimedia system.
Hmmmm you'd think that feature would be front and centre on what was the flagship hybrid car. lol.
I hope they get these issues fixed, and certainly working properly when I get my BZ4X early next year.

• Like 1

The new MyToyota app finally seemed to be working satisfactorily; communicating remotely to my car etc.  However, all trip data, fuel consumption history, etc. has vanished today.  Tried logging in again, clearing cache on my Android phone, and emailing the app developers.  Hopefully it'll all return with no further action from me, but the lack of reliability of the new app is very poor from a company like Toyota.

Anyone else had similar problems, and how did you overcome them?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveST said:

The new MyToyota app finally seemed to be working satisfactorily; communicating remotely to my car etc.  However, all trip data, fuel consumption history, etc. has vanished today.  Tried logging in again, clearing cache on my Android phone, and emailing the app developers.  Hopefully it'll all return with no further action from me, but the lack of reliability of the new app is very poor from a company like Toyota.

Anyone else had similar problems, and how did you overcome them?

And... the trip data, fuel consumption, etc. has mysteriously appeared once more!  I stand by me comment on the unreliability of the app, though, and sympathies to fellow-users.

As of yesterday I was able to go back a full Year .Range info missing and it takes a day for trip info to display Now its lost all data and is waighting for my first trip.

Just closed down iPhone and restarted the app is just the same.IMG_0818.thumb.PNG.76eb5aeb83a018a521a0c4fe946beb78.PNG

Lets see what tomorow brings.

Derek, with the old App you could display a whole month and then month by month.

The new App initially allowed only 30 days. 

The version before the latest restores the ability to go back a year but only by a month at a time.  No month by month comparison was available. 

Also some features that some liked disappeared. 

It seems to be a selection of modules,  like data base cards each worked on by different teams with the interface being the problem. 

Hopefully they will sort it out now that there seems to be recognition on the scale of the problem.

As far as I can tell, the Toyota servers are down this afternoon.

There does seems to be some general Internet wonkiness going on - A lot of sites I visit, including this one, seem to be intermittently dropping the connections!

AOK this morning after a home page refresh (swipe) and outbound trip displayed within the hour.  Homebound not yet.

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

AOK this morning after a home page refresh (swipe) and outbound trip displayed within the hour.  Homebound not yet.

Homebound trip up now

Today after closing app and restarting it all data including yesterdays and todays trips are displaying as well as history for a Year.

It seems to load new data more quickly now or I was just lucky on my last trip.

I updated my app yesterday and it’s now showing the charge status of the car, maintenance records, warning lights and hybrid coaching.

the remote services lasted approximately a month of ownership, I left BMW due to poor service but Toyota have made them look good so far.

The new app finally updated itself and everything that was on the old app has now appeared, Inc trips and service history etc.

So.....I took my 2022 Yaris Cross into the garage to sort a probe with the navigation system.

While it was there, I had a message to say that I had been disconnected from the MyToyota App.

When i got the car back, I have had to go through the painful process of registering the car (90s countdown??).  Eventually got through that, but now I don't have the "card" on the app for remote locking or remote climate control.  I had them before (and it worked) but now that functionality is missing.

Is this the same problem? The garage told me that a software update is due on 22 November for the in-car systems. Maybe for the app too?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links