Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Temperate Guage

Emma Jayne

I have recently purchased a 99 T Taris. Unfortunately there was not a handbook with the car. When I start the engine the temperature gauge lights up with a blue colour until engine is at normal working temperature - It never done this when I first purchased the car - is there a problem. :eek:

Can someone please give advice :thumbsup:

Blue = cold

It's telling you not to thrash it! It'll go red on the self-test (when you first turn the key) and when it's overheating too...

Hi Emma Jayne

Hello and welcome to the club :group-cuddles: Enjoy your stay here. Have a look around it's all good. If you have got a problem just ask someone and I'm sure that one of us will try are best to answer it for you. We are all a friendly bunch on here :group-cuddles:

About the light it's true. When the car is cold say first thing in the morning the blue light will come on. Only for a short while until the cars engine reaches normal temperature. Also again if the car is really hot say in traffic the light will show red. Meaning that the engine is hot. But i have got to admit. Since i have had my car for 2 and half years i have never once seeing the light turn red in traffic ;)

jerry!!

Always get the blue once i turn it on, stays there 4 a couple of minutes, never had the red and hope I never do! :thumbsup:

This time of year I’ve found the light goes out after about 0.6/0.7 of a mile.

In the winter on my previous car it would take another mile on top of that for the engine to become within its normal temperature range.

When I first saw it I thought it was a good idea from Toyota :thumbsup:

Howdy! Bit late, but welcome to the club :hokus-pokus:

Oooh jus seen ur from newcastle! Nice one, sunny south shields here :P You actually from newcastle or an in betweeny like me? If so, may have seen me knockin around here in me silver yaris.

Im yet to find ne1 whos joined the site by finding out from the link on me sunstrip :huh:

Over and out :bye:

welcome to the gang!

blue lights totally normal as said just dont tend to go over 3k revs and itll be fine and dandy!

Not strictly true... ;) Both load and revs are crucial to vulnerable (cold or unbroken) engines!

The last thing you want to do is load the engine up with big throttle openings at low rpms. It stresses the bottom-end terribly!

I was worried about the blue light when I got mine...I've had her a bit over 5 months and only ever see the red light when switching on the engine :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links