Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Issues with folding door mirrors

Leo63

Hi as any one had or have issues with the the door mirrors not folding intermittently stop working. The present I am having issues with the near side mirror intermittently not folding when locking the car but I am not having issues with the  off side mirror.

Yes! My mirrors don't always fold in, usually after a good rain shower. If you give the mirror a tap, then it starts to fold in. I must say that when they do fold in it sounds like they are gritty, like they're lubricated with oily sand. 

For me I've only seen this as a fold in issue, not fold out. But I generally don't leave the switch in the A position. And it's happed to both mirrors. I haven't reported this to the dealer yet.

• Like 1

This happens when they have been hit, it knocks them out of sync/position, windows down close the mirrors and give the offending mirror a push inwards a good spray with GT85 at the pivot point helps too

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Had the same problem, replaced a switch under warranty. £143 if you had to buy. A fairly common problem my garage told me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have this problem on 21 GR Sport. Found switching from A to fully out then back to A a few times works. 

Sometimes altering the mirror position switch can cause issues. Again a quick back and forwards can clear things. 

sadly a common issues and toyota never solved nothing

On 2/27/2024 at 2:38 PM, Simone80 said:

sadly a common issues and toyota never solved nothing

Switch replacement sorted mine 

• 2 weeks later...

sadly since yesterday I started to have this issue, car has less than 2 years..

so no solution yet for this thing? weird no one (dealer or user) get apart the mirror to find the culprit if it's the dirty or something else

I noticed that to close, mirrors have to raise themselves for about a millimeter, in my opinion that raise missing is the problem

anyone investigated further?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links