Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pulled For Fogs

dawolf

Tonight I was driving with my front fogs on without the pop-up lights, it wasn't that dark. An unmarked cop car pulled me and the copper gave me the usual lecture saying I shouldn't use the fogs unless it's foggy, he said mine seemed to be particularly bright (I don't think so). He was asking where I lived and where I was going. Erm, what is the relevance here? Suppose the good thing is he didn't give me a fine. Is it legal to change the fog bulbs to lower intensity ones?

fog lights are for fog at the end of the day. i dont blame cops for <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing people who use them, cause being in a low down car they blind the %$( out of me.

i suppose you can convert them to driving lights if you feel you need them on all the time.

I'm glad he did .. I hate the fog light drivers .. I'd have kicked them till they broke ..

It's not foggy, there is no need ..

*all an opinion .. don't wanna start a slagging match ..

Yeah it was fair enough I suppose but I didn't realise they were that bright.

What frustrated me most tonight was that after this on the same road there was some idiot who was blatantly speeding, he undertook me and jumped a red light crossing, no coppers around to catch him :angry: !

Yeah .. I must admit it's anoying .. but I'd rather the traffic cops pulled dangerous drivers ..

Fog lights and 35 in a 30 are not the worst offences by far ..

Pity you didn't get the points and fine you deserve.

Fog lights are for when it's foggy - is it that difficult to understand?

You can't get points for fogs as far as I know.

Yes I do understand they are just for when it's foggy, I'm not gonna use them now I realise that they are blinding.

Lesson learnt then. Thats good. :thumbsup:

As for converting them to driving lights... Forget it. You`d have to change the lenses as fog lights are focused for a broad beam spread and driving lights are focused for distance. The recomended wattage for both fog and driving light bulbs is 55watts. Tho people do upgrade them (Not legal for on road use) :thumbsup:

This is one thing I really don't mind the coppers pulling people over for!!!

I only use mine if its FOGGY, or if its seriously lashing it down...

The only other time I use them is to flash other morons that are comming towards me with their fogs on

You can't get points for fogs as far as I know.

Yes I do understand they are just for when it's foggy, I'm not gonna use them now I realise that they are blinding.

The thing that's also annoying is that you wanted to keep using your fogs - asking if you could put dimmer bulbs in them :(

How about...

CD20 - Driving without reasonable consideration for other road users (3 - 9 points).

i got stopped for having fog lights on but it was foggy! i got stopped cos the lights are green, the coppa wasnt sure if it was legal but i told him it came as standard and he eventually believed me, but with it being an import does anyone know if it is actually legal in this country?

As an old saying goes - If a tree falls and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound ??

Meaning that if you decide to use fog lights then as long as you turn them off like a full beam when theres a car coming - I aint going to split hairs. But i think full beam and head lights are more than adaquete to light the road ahead

Lesson learnt then. Thats good. :thumbsup:

As for converting them to driving lights... Forget it. You`d have to change the lenses as fog lights are focused for a broad beam spread and driving lights are focused for distance. The recomended wattage for both fog and driving light bulbs is 55watts. Tho people do upgrade them (Not legal for on road use) :thumbsup:

The main point with driving lamps is that they ONLY come on with main beam.

Yes they can be switched seperately but they should only be LIVE when you have main beam on. You can leave them switched on permanently because they will only light up as you hit main beam, so if you flash you lights at someone they will flash too.

Ive sometimes used my dipped lights and the fog lights as an alternative to the dipped lights and the pop up main beam lights on occasions.

Ive never found fog lights on other cars to bother me at all, now those bluish looking zenon lights you see in a lot of the new BMW's etc, now they ARE blinding. Play &#33;Removed&#33; havock with my eyeballs :blink:

On a related note a guy I know (not a friend I might add) was flashed by another driver for having his fog lights on, he was so enraged at the other driver 'being nosey' that he turned round, followed him, stopped his car, and erm, gave him a bit of a kicking :unsure:

Police knew who he was but didnt follow it up due to him being 'known' in the area. Nice.

I don't bother flashing .. just but my full beams on ..

What do you mean they are bright? Yeah, about as bright as fogs ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links