Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who's Got It?

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

Ok peeps, I remember seeing somewhere, someone has got a Camry V6 engine in their 2. Come on, own up who ever it is. I recall it saying 192/196 bhp. I wouldn't mind finding out a bit more about this jobbie, make a nice change from 16V revvyness. Smooth cruising torque.

Hi Dave, hows it going? You got your bumper sprayed up yet? Or you waiting to get all the bits 1st? Wots you doing about the back end? I got the middle piece of my Bomex kit here, the part that covers the metal grill between the exhausts. Got no use for it now, you can have that for 20 quid. Unless you getting a whole new bumper ?? Mines is in the body shop at mo, getting back end sprayed black. From the front edge of the roof diagonally back/down to the bottom of the rear bumper. So it's gna be half red, half black. Got an alloy spoiler going on boot lid too while its there. Thinking of putting rising sun on the fronts wings/doors, but am in 2 minds of it now. I've done a photo shop edit of it onmy car, but hmmm. Not sure now. I got the vinyl already cut for it from mate at sign writers for 20 quid. Dilemma's.

Ok peeps, I remember seeing somewhere, someone has got a Camry V6 engine in their 2. Come on, own up who ever it is. I recall it saying 192/196 bhp. I wouldn't mind finding out a bit more about this jobbie, make a nice change from 16V revvyness. Smooth cruising torque.

None in the UK as yet .. but there are a few in the US ..

Hi Dave, hows it going? You got your bumper sprayed up yet? Or you waiting to get all the bits 1st? Wots you doing about the back end? I got the middle piece of my Bomex kit here, the part that covers the metal grill between the exhausts. Got no use for it now, you can have that for 20 quid. Unless you getting a whole new bumper ?? Mines is in the body shop at mo, getting back end sprayed black. From the front edge of the roof diagonally back/down to the bottom of the rear bumper. So it's gna be half red, half black. Got an alloy spoiler going on boot lid too while its there. Thinking of putting rising sun on the fronts wings/doors, but am in 2 minds of it now. I've done a photo shop edit of it onmy car, but hmmm. Not sure now. I got the vinyl already cut for it from mate at sign writers for 20 quid. Dilemma's.

Yeh purty cool mate:P

The bumpers are on but still a lot of work to be done...

What meet are you off to next?

Dave!

I can't see why on earth anyone would want a V6 in an Mr2 (apart from yanks that don't have a clue and just assume "bigger is better" Surely its a far heavyer block, that yeilds less power then a decent 3S-GTE?????

the all ally V6 is lighter than the GTE .. and TRD do an off the shelf SC for it ..

...a blown V6 MR2. Now there's a thought. Love to see that big ***** blower sticking up though the engine lid! :thumbsup:

There's a Mk2 V6 Camry project in progress in the UK up in Newcastle though I don't have more info than that at the mo.

Damn .. and there was me hoping to be the first .. but I'm still engine hunting ..

There's a Mk2 V6 Camry project in progress in the UK up in Newcastle though I don't have more info than that at the mo.

Damn .. and there was me hoping to be the first .. but I'm still engine hunting ..

Unless you want to consider a Rover V8 3.5l conversion instead, Bibbs? Haven't seen any of them around :P We might be well into 'bigger isn't better' territory there though.

I might be tempted by a V6 conversion - the excellent torque through the whole rev range and better reliability are nice plus points, but I'd rather someone made all the conversion mistakes first - Paul and the Mk2V6 guy are both local to me so I can always cry for help on their doorsteps ;)

wrt the TRD supercharger it's interesting to see that Paul's looking at ignoring that and eventually fitting a small 5/7 psi turbo instead!

Next meet? Don't know yet. Went to rwadingmeet last Tuesday, but didn't get there till about 9:30 ish, f31 had gone already near enuff. And it started to rain when we got there too. BTW, is it a common fault that the oil filters leaks? A guy came into the Edge a cplof wks back while I was getting my under car kit fitted, and said that the after market oil filters comewith 2 different sized washers, 1 for the turbo, 1 for the NA. I had a drip coming from mine, and he said i was porbably that. Ne ideas?

Almost forgot, peeps in Reading area, have any of you seen a red MR2 mk2 in the area? A turbo one. Not sure what its got externally, but a customer came in tonight who takes away scrap cars said he just removed one today/tonight( Sunday). It was red, twin turbo, Jap Imp of course, but the engine had blown on it. H reg. Ne of you guys know of this car? A Jap Turbo thats suddenly dissappeared? Has leather, but blown engine. matey says he is gna have a look for another engine for it, but I said tell me if he is gna scrap it, so I can get bits of her first.

I'm not clued up on the MR2. But I think you mean "twin entry turbo".

Yeah .. I've not seen a twin turbo yet .. not really needed on a 4 pot ..

Well, twin entry(eh eh) or twin turbo, which ever. Just foned the body shop guy up, he said fone him Wednesday for an update. What to do about the sun??? He says he can spray it up if I want it. Don't know man. :help:

lol... you should hear it in person!

There are actually a boatload and a half of V6 MK1 and MK2 MR2s around the world. Mainly in the USA. Visit www.mr2oc.com register and have a look around the MK1 forum. 3SGTE are also a pretty popular swap. I own a MK1.5 (3sgte 1985 chassis), the 87 hardtop V8, and a 150hp N/A 1986 sunroof.

man I love MR2s! :)

yers I have had to re-engineer the V8 MR2. adding 350 pounds feet of torque kind of required that. Having an engine capable of pushing a MK1 over 160... 175 mph (computer sim states 192mph with slightly altered aero) requires some hefty-duty components. Something the Corolla based MR2 does not have.

Locally to you guys in England Paul Woods is building a 24valve V6 MK1. Paul is also on my message board at www.mr2oc.com

If you need help just pop us an email and we can help point you to suppliers of the bits and bobs you will need, or point you to the guys that know the answers to the questions you have.

I have an advantage over most guys in the sates as I lived and worked in England for 11 years... I am an ex- Telephone Rentals / Mercury Communications employee

Bill Strong

www.v8mr2.com

www.mr2oc.com

Hi Bill, I've been keeping an eye on the V8 MR2 for a while now - it's going to be a monster when it's done - keep up the good work!

Nice one Bill :)

Just trying to source a late spec V6 engine first .. we don't have the availability of you guys in the US unfortunatly ..

Nice one Bill :)

Just trying to source a late spec V6 engine first .. we don't have the availability of you guys in the US unfortunatly ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links