Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Toyota App/Website problems

gvurrdon

Hello! I have recently purchased a Yaris Launch Edition (2021). This appears to be a very nice car, though the same cannot be said for Toyota's apps/services.
The dealer wanted me to sign up with the My Toyota app (on iOS). I can get as far as being emailed an OTP, but when I paste it into the app it does what's shown in the attached image.
The website says that my account hasn't been confirmed and offers to send me a confirmation link. When that eventually arrives and I click on it, I get the following JSON:
{"status":500,"message":"Error occured when activating the user","service":"TAAS"}
I.e., a failure of some sort has occurred on Toyota's server.
I filled in a form on Toyota's site requesting assistance, though this didn't really offer much space to describe the problem, and they have yet to reply.
Has anyone here encountered similar issues and, if so, were you able to solve them?

IMG_5039-obfuscated.png

I emailed cr@toyota.co.uk when I had an issue with my app. It took a few days, but they got it sorted out.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. I'll perhaps try that in a day or two if I don't get any response from their web form or mytoyota@toyota.co.uk.

Do you have an account on the Toyota UK customer website? The MyToyota app links to the login details and the car registered there.

9 minutes ago, RabButler said:

Do you have an account on the Toyota UK customer website? The MyToyota app links to the login details and the car registered there.

That's the site mention above, where I get a JSON-formatted internal server error when trying to register. 

So, I can use neither app nor website. 

Sounds like the garage has not logged the details of your purchase.

13 hours ago, RabButler said:

Sounds like the garage has not logged the details of your purchase.

Thanks. I've contacted the garage to ask them to look into this.
I did have one response from Toyota yesterday morning, which was a request to click on another conformation link to see if I got a different sort of error message (it was the same one, unsurprisingly).

See if you can get the order number from the Dealer. This should be to letters followed by four numbers. When you need to contact Toyota again, they will need this, along with your email address.

So far I've only got as far as the following from Toyota:

Our support team are investigating this issue, I'll be in contact once I have communication of resolution.

So I guess I'll have to wait to see if they need more information (quite a while, probably).

Is this user account required to get information on when a service is due, or is the car capable of tracking that itself and displaying a countdown on the dashboard as required?

If I remember correctly, the Yaris has a countdown on the dash and lets you know how many miles to the next service.

As for Toyota, it took about a week for them to respond to my query about the app, so hang in there. 

32 minutes ago, Big_D said:

If I remember correctly, the Yaris has a countdown on the dash and lets you know how many miles to the next service.

My Yaris Cross has this feature.

You can just press repeated short presses the trip button/reset button until service miles is displayed.  Note long press resets trip counters

I think it also displays when you first switch on just its short so you can miss it.

I thought that was the case, but as the Yaris is the Wife's car I don't get to drive it as often as I would like or could/should.

Though I've sent them some suggestions to investigate I suspect they're a bit busy with other issues.
Meanwhile, according to https://www.toyota.co.uk/content/dam/toyota/nmsc/united-kingdom/owners/myt-connected-services/new-guides/mytoyota-app-how-to-activate-privacy-mode.pdf it appears that the only way I can turn on privacy mode is by using the app, which is a bit of a nuisance.

Eventually I was able to work around these problems and get into the app. Unfortunately it turns out to be pretty much useless, with much the same problem as described here: https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/217885-my23-corolla-mytoyota-app-not-showing-tripsremote-climate/

I can't be certain, but my guess as to what was going on is as follows.

In the showroom, the salesman told me that they no longer have service books to stamp and that the service record would be dealt with using their app, and that I could set it up right now whilst they fetched the car. The setup process asked for a phone number and so, as I do whenever possible, I supplied a fake one. This passed the weak validation on Toyota's app. The app then immediately passed the number to ForgeRock, whose validation was much stronger and so my fake number was rejected. Unfortunately, the app wasn't built to properly handle a failed number validation at this point and so I'd see the various errors mentioned above and was stuck unable to confirm the account.

The only solution was to sign up on the website first using a different email address. Then, when using the app later, to use a phone number capable of receiving text messages. A final step was to allow the app to connect once to certain dodgy tracking/advertising servers (e.g. 2o7.net and omtrdc.net), otherwise it wouldn't confirm my ownership of the car.

Gvurrdon,  that'll learn ya <vbg>

I substitute one number on my number (which is accepted) when I don't want it used.  I also use a secondary email address.

When I do give out a real number it is amazing how often incoming calls arrive at most awkward moments. 

2 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Gvurrdon,  that'll learn ya <vbg>

I substitute one number on my number (which is accepted) when I don't want it used.  I also use a secondary email address.

When I do give out a real number it is amazing how often incoming calls arrive at most awkward moments. 

In this case I mistook collecting my number simply so the dealer could bother me by phone instead of email with collecting it so that I could be personally identified by Toyota's "trusted third parties".
I'm not happy with either, but the response to each is different. 😉

Indeed, on some occasions where a traffic incident has meant I've had to give someone a contact number then the amount of spam/scam calls increases noticeably for months afterwards.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links