Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v battery maintenance, issues, etc.

scar

4 hours ago, HarryW2024 said:

Slightly OT again how do you deselect that blue agreement screen every time you switch on? 

If you mean the warning page that opens before you can use the climate, there is a small tick box bottom left with "don't show again"

14 minutes ago, jthspace said:

If you mean the warning page that opens before you can use the climate, there is a small tick box bottom left with "don't show again"

Ah, must look harder next time 😂

On 9/17/2024 at 10:47 PM, hind said:

Only if you don't put our take any current from it. And this is readout observed while driving = during charging. The problem is, the DC/DC converter might lower the voltage before the battery is fully charged, slowing the process. To fully rebuild the capacity and saturate the electrolyte inside you need days, not half an hour. That's why the charging process is kinda defective, it should be 14.4v alll the time

Absolutely agree with what you say. After fully charging using Ctek, my Battery shows 12.7 volts in accessory mode.

Put car in ready mode and immediately get 14.4 volts.

I drive off and within 1/2 mile the voltage drops from 14.4 to 13 volts.

Drive 10 miles, stop and turn off. Do shopping for an hour and when I get back in the car the voltage in accessory mode is down to 12.4 ish volts.

When I get home I plug the car back in to the charger and it sticks 14+volts up the pipe and all 4 lights come on the charger within 2 minutes.

I am convinced that if the supply to the Mutley stayed at 14.7 volts for the whole time the car was in ready mode there wouldn't be a problem of slow decline in the Dog Battery voltage.

I suppose the problem would then be maybe a nano litre per 1000km drop in the wonderful fuel consumption which is of absolutely no interest to me.

The only thing I like about the hybrid system is the extra grunt from the electric motor at low speeds in relative quiet before the groaning and tyre noise starts.

3 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I have used it in the past with no problems 

What level of trim is your Yaris Caroline?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links