Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY24 Yaris Cross

Devon Aygo

27 minutes ago, Jackfire said:

Hi, I’ve just ordered the Cross excel in metallic silver. The controversial bit, trading a ‘23 1.8 Corolla. I’ve been told delivery will be August. 

Both good cars.  You must have your reasons.  

• Like 1

Thomas on the update…..

• Like 2

On the Premier video one remark jumped out.  He didn't appear to like the two level boot floor.  I think it is one of the best features in the car.  

I have a large garden tray in the lower boot, it holds all the inevitable bric a brac that one aquires, tyre inflator, towel, etc etc.  The upper floor is then flat for our dog's travel box and is easier for sliding rather than lifting luggage.  Each to his own.

Using that plastic tray came into its own when I had to access the spare wheel. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Roy124 said:

On the Premier video one remark jumped out.  He didn't appear to like the two level boot floor.  I think it is one of the best features in the car.  

I have a large garden tray in the lower boot, it holds all the inevitable bric a brac that one aquires, tyre inflator, towel, etc etc.  The upper floor is then flat for our dog's travel box and is easier for sliding rather than lifting luggage.  Each to his own.

Using that plastic tray came into its own when I had to access the spare wheel. 

I like it too.  It gives more load space or a level floor.  He’s a journalist at the end of the day.  

I've just ordered a Premiere Edition in Urban Khaki, they had one in the showroom and we liked the colour, delivery is estimated to be sometime in August. It sounds like it you order a "standard" configuration it will likely be quicker, I did ask about the pan roof but the dealers haven't seen any fitted with one as yet. I remember ordering a Nissan where adding a simple option added 6 months to the projected delivery date and, like most, I can't wait for my new car. 

• Like 1

Apparently the Yaris Cross Excel my missus ordered in the first week of April is now on the ship to the UK according to the Toyota dealer that called her today. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Apparently the Yaris Cross Excel my missus ordered in the first week of April is now on the ship to the UK according to the Toyota dealer that called her today. 

Interesting.  Nothing heard here.  Did you get that from Toyota or your dealer?

Next stop Derby.

Don't push your dealer to expedite, give them time to set the tyre pressures properly 😆

What does the App show?

1 minute ago, Roy124 said:

Interesting.  Nothing heard here.  Did you get that from Toyota or your dealer?

Next stop Derby.

Don't push your dealer to expedite, give them time to set the tyre pressures properly 😆

What does the App show?

Salesperson at dealer she ordered it from called her today out the blue with the update. 

App tracker is currently broken according to Toyota UK, plus other people have also reported Yaris Cross built & the app not updating anything until it arrives at dealership. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, anchorman said:

Thomas on the update…..

Just watching that video when he was driving and all the constant warning bongs would send anyone crazy.

Thank godness mine dosen't do that otherwise it would be sold within a week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MC1216 said:

Just watching that video when he was driving and all the constant warning bongs would send anyone crazy.

Thank godness mine dosen't do that otherwise it would be sold within a week.

It’s a current point of discussion Mark.  It isn’t an option from now on.  

• 2 weeks later...

Collecting my Yaris Design on Wednesday 🙌

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

My new yaris cross has just arrived in Grimsby  how long am i looking at for it to get to derby then to my dealer ?

Cumbria?   Months!  Just kidding.  Varies but two to four weeks maybe.  They’ll need to fill a transporter to your neck of the woods.  

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, hunter89 said:

My new yaris cross has just arrived in Grimsby  how long am i looking at for it to get to derby then to my dealer ?

Had an update on My Toyota app today advising mine's in Grimsby too. Went straight from processing order to 'In transit'. My dealer is expecting it  early next week.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Cumbria?   Months!  Just kidding.  Varies but two to four weeks maybe.  They’ll need to fill a transporter to your neck of the woods.  

Well my dealer did say end of June / start of July, just thought i might of got lucky with it arriving into grimsby  and getting it sooner. I did add the Advance safety pack does that get added at the factory stage or over here 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hunter89 said:

Well my dealer did say end of June / start of July, just thought i might of got lucky with it arriving into grimsby  and getting it sooner. I did add the Advance safety pack does that get added at the factory stage or over here 

The cars go to Derby first even if the dealer is in Grimsby and if you’ve ordered anything that gets fitted post factory you’ll slow it down quite a bit as they queue for the workshop at Burnaston.  My Lexus only took 10 days from Portbury Dock to me so they can be quite quick.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hunter89 said:

I did add the Advance safety pack does that get added at the factory stage or over here 

That will be a factory fitted option.

• Like 1

@anchorman  aye local distribution will be the limiting factor.

Our car park,  aka Toyota, Kia, Volvo, Ford  and no doubt others I haven't noticed,  often has transporters offload.  My current car then spent a couple of weeks at a pound a mile away waiting for the new plate.

Quite an operation really.  Then it depends on how many cars your dealer is shifting. 

Once I had my new car delivered the day before on false plates- not trade plates- and promised not to fit the new plates until the day.

• Like 1

@Dicey @hunter89

As a matter of interest, when did you order yours?  Mine was ordered around 26th April.

I believe some cars go by train rather than ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

@Dicey @hunter89

As a matter of interest, when did you order yours?  Mine was ordered around 26th April.

I believe some cars go by train rather than ship.

I ordered mine the end of May think I got lucky and managed to snag someone’s cancelled order as when I placed order was told Aug/Sept for delivery originally .

• Like 2

In another twist the tracking on my Toyota now says it’s back in zeebrugee after been in Grimsby for 2 days 🤯

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, hunter89 said:

In another twist the tracking on my Toyota now says it’s back in zeebrugee after been in Grimsby for 2 days 🤯

Maybe it's decided to go on a cruise 🚢.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, hunter89 said:

That normally happens when it leaves Grimsby & is on its way via vehicle transporter to Derby - its just a quirk of the app during the new vehicle tracking stages. 

• Like 1

Email from Toyota, car now at dealers.  The App shows all stages complete awaiting delivery so the App progress is slow and the pre email missing.

• Like 1

Oooh exciting!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links