Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY24 Yaris Cross

Devon Aygo

11 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Oooh exciting!

And dashed inconvenient though.   We have a fairly busy programme in the next 9 days getting ready for our holiday.

They need to transfer our dash cam  and swap over the spare wheel though that shoukd not take long.  Also getting our insurance swapped over.

9 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

And dashed inconvenient though.   We have a fairly busy programme in the next 9 days getting ready for our holiday.

They need to transfer our dash cam  and swap over the spare wheel though that shoukd not take long.  Also getting our insurance swapped over.

Oh well, you seem pretty organised Roy,so sure you will be on top of it.

And enjoy the anticipation phase of your holiday 😀 aswell as the travelling and the the holiday.

I must have missed it, but do you mind about saying where you are going?

I am only interested as I used to be able to travel about a bit, and like hearing about others adventures.

The Yaris Cross my missus ordered arrived at the Toyota dealer today along with a sudden flurry of My Toyota app notifications.

She has arranged to pick it up middle of next week.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

They need to transfer our dash cam  and swap over the spare wheel though that shoukd not take long. 

Make sure they don’t forget to transfer the jack 😉

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

😀  am only interested as I used to be able to travel about a bit, and like hearing about others adventures.

Oh nothing much 😀 travel to SiL's 75 miles, then taxi to Southampton,  cruise to the Med, home mow the lawn, prune the roses.   Then catch the Harwich ferry to visit No 1 daughter in NL, home etc.  Then drive to visit No 2 daughter on south coast, home etc. Then drive to Cornwall to collect MiL from No 2 BiL. Then home, mow lawn, prune roses, wash car .....

Basically busy, busy, busy.

As you know,looking forward to retirement and boredom doesn't work like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dash said:

Make sure they don’t forget to transfer the jack 😉

I plan to open the panel. 

I also have to remember to retrieve my jumper pack. 

5 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Oh nothing much 😀 travel to SiL's 75 miles, then taxi to Southampton,  cruise to the Med, home mow the lawn, prune the roses.   Then catch the Harwich ferry to visit No 1 daughter in NL, home etc.  Then drive to visit No 2 daughter on south coast, home etc. Then drive to Cornwall to collect MiL from No 2 BiL. Then home, mow lawn, prune roses, wash car .....

Sounds quite an adventure to me, have a great time, and wish you good journeys, and clear roads, and a new car too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roy124 said:

@Dicey @hunter89

As a matter of interest, when did you order yours?  Mine was ordered around 26th April.

I believe some cars go by train rather than ship.

I ordered my YC Excel on 24th February. Like others, there has been lots of activity today on the app, initially updating the car's location to Derby then another notification that it has arrived at the dealer. Will contact them tomorrow to arrange collection. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got my app notification today, in transit at Derbyshire too 😊 (Ordered beginning of April)

• Like 1

Missus has had a few more app notifications appear over the weekend - now shows car parked at the Toyota dealer & has a total of 2 miles on it.

She picks it up later this week. 

• Like 3

On 6/12/2024 at 8:08 PM, Roy124 said:

Ooo

After months of inactivity, my app has updated and my Premier has suddenly appeared in Derbyshire on its way to my dealer...so that gives me a dilemma as I'm in no rush for it and have another car to use .....I was planning to wait until Sept for the new 74 reg.... I plan to keep it for c5+ years....So , do I wait another 2.5 months with it presumably waiting at the dealer or do I get it next month with maybe a lower perceived or actual value when I come to sell it due to being 24 plate rather than a 74 ?.... Any views ?

In your situation you would rather have the 74 plate, however the dealer may not have space to hold it that long and will push u to collect. Also there is the 12v Battery issue. 

• Like 1

Dealer isn't going to want the vehicle hanging around taking up precious space. 

Who really cares what plate is on it?

A good condition vehicle with full service history will be worth a premium compared to a lot of stuff that gets returned at the end of most PCP or lease deals.

• Like 2

….. especially if being kept for 5 years. Any difference in value between a 24 & 74 plate at that point won’t be significant. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

In your situation you would rather have the 74 plate, however the dealer may not have space to hold it that long and will push u to collect. Also there is the 12v battery issue. 

I'm sure they will want me to take it for cash flow purposes....not too worried the Battery as I'm going to swap it out straight away... appreciate its supposedly a different Battery, but on the ones I've seen its still a Mutlu ...

I cannot see the dealer...or in fact any business ...waiting for you , to take delivery, for that length of time?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_blibby said:

not too worried the battery as I'm going to swap it out straight away..

What a waste of money ….  “Why fix what you don’t know to be broken” !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Graham47 said:

What a waste of money ….  “Why fix what you don’t know to be broken” !

Low mileage, short journey usage... wife's car .. dont have time/inclination to be charging or putting solar charger on....wife wouldn't be confident/knoweldable to use booster ....if it avoids just one incident of Battery failure and being stranded then more than worth the small cost which I got further discounted off the purchase price

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, mr_blibby said:

Low mileage, short journey usage... wife's car .. dont have time/inclination to be charging or putting solar charger on....wife wouldn't be confident/knoweldable to use booster ....if it avoids just one incident of battery failure and being stranded then more than worth the small cost which I got further discounted off the purchase price

But how do you know the Battery will go bad in your particular car? 
You are aware of the situation, you know your driving needs and patterns and you believe that this car will have a 12v Battery problem shortly after purchase?! 
If me I will either not buy this car or wait the Battery to die first and then replace it. Because there is a higher chance this won’t happen., or at least not so soon after purchase. Just do all necessary things to maintain your car and 12v system. No need to plug in solar chargers, smart chargers, do anything really. 
Turn off all unnecessary auto functions, mirrors, parking brake, home lights , and connected services. Once you start the car keep in ready mode for 30 min and you will not need to replace battery. 
People are coming here to complain about bad Toyota hybrids 12v battery and then go and never return. But we have members that visit every day and they barely have any issues with their Toyota cars. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Once you start the car keep in ready mode for 30 min and you will not need to replace battery

I'd rather replace the Battery than obligatorily keep the car in ready mode for 30 min but maybe I'm weird 😛 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, hind said:

I'd rather replace the battery than obligatorily keep the car in ready mode for 30 min but maybe I'm weird 😛 

The ready mode 30 min it’s not strictly every time rule. It is however a good point for car owners to understand how batteries in cars work and how to prevent unnecessary discharge and premature failure. 
No need to do that absolutely every time we use the car. 
For example yesterday I did service my car and I needed to do 5 times on and off in a short period of time with longest on time was 20 min. I am not worried about the Battery, it’s new and when I drive next time I will have at least 30 min drive so anything that I may have consumed yesterday will be put back in when driving next time, probably  today or tomorrow. 
Any Battery used in these cars , any size will have the same faith. 
All cars actually in that matter, hybrid, electric, petrol or diesel  if you stop start many times in a short time intervals or use sometimes only the Battery  will die prematurely. The cars that are less affected are small petrol engines cars like Aygo for example. And these type of cars are the best choice for elderly and for those who doesn’t drive a lot or often. 

• Like 1

Replacing the Battery doesn't mean it does not need a ready mode to maintain low usage. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

But how do you know the battery will go bad in your particular car? 
You are aware of the situation, you know your driving needs and patterns and you believe that this car will have a 12v battery problem shortly after purchase?! 
If me I will either not buy this car or wait the battery to die first and then replace it. Because there is a higher chance this won’t happen., or at least not so soon after purchase. Just do all necessary things to maintain your car and 12v system. No need to plug in solar chargers, smart chargers, do anything really. 
Turn off all unnecessary auto functions, mirrors, parking brake, home lights , and connected services. Once you start the car keep in ready mode for 30 min and you will not need to replace battery. 
People are coming here to complain about bad Toyota hybrids 12v battery and then go and never return. But we have members that visit every day and they barely have any issues with their Toyota cars. 

Of course I don't know if the orginal Battery will fail, but many have.....if it was the car I'm driving, maybe I'd do some of that stuff, but I wont be the main driver...the car its replacing has been a bombproof volvo of many years service, my wife checks there's enough fuel, turns the key, engine starts and off she goes, ... just want to replicate that as much as possible.... what I do know is if it fails, she's stranded and I'm miles away or in another country , me pointing to posts in here or that other people never have the issue will be thin gruel compared to the long term ear ache coming my way 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mr_blibby said:

but many have....

Certainly true of the original Mutlu batteries but I’m not aware that post 2023 cars are suffering to anything like the same extent.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links