Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY24 Yaris Cross

Devon Aygo

30 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Replacing the battery doesn't mean it does not need a ready mode to maintain low usage. 

Yet with effective capacity much higher than the OEM, especially after a single unexpected discharge incident, it gives you much higher margin.

Capacity of mine dropped from (whatever it really was but let's assume 35Ah as stated on the label) to around 15Ah. 

If that happened with the Yuasa, it would qualify for the warranty replacement. But not for Toyota OEMs, it's perfectly fine. 

I'd change mine already if I didn't want to have it done under warranty, but I need it to deteriorate even more so it would qualify. 

• Like 1

It will give a higher margin, but that energy will still need to be put back.

TBH, regular use is the best way to stave off problems - I'm pretty sure my Mutley Battery is one of the dodgy ones, but it's still working after over 3 years despite being flagged as a fail 3 HHC's in a row (Of course when they checked it formally it's within acceptable limits :rolleyes1:), because I use the car so much (3 years, 45k miles :eek: ). Still, got the Noco in the car ready just in case for when it does go!!

It will also save you money if it gets used more regularly than the other less fuel efficient car - I've just done 300 miles on £28 of fuel!! :eek: :yahoo: 

• Like 3

Missus picked up her 24 MY Yaris Cross Excel, 2 X keyless fobs supplied & it has Falken 18" tyres.

More tech fitted then my C-HR 😅

• Like 6

I just checked the MyToyota app and my father in laws Premiere has shot along on the process.. now apparently in a random lane in Cromford? in transit to the dealership from Derbyshire

IMG_9840.png

IMG_9841.png

5 hours ago, r66stu said:

I just checked the MyToyota app and my father in laws Premiere has shot along on the process.. now apparently in a random lane in Cromford? in transit to the dealership from Derbyshire

IMG_9840.png

IMG_9841.png

They always say that.  Either it’s a bug in the gps or the transporter driver lives there!

• Like 1

Picked up my MY24 Premier today. Overall Ok, but a few minor niggles...anyone found a quick/shortcut way of returning to the home screen when using Auto Android...seems it a 2 or 3 press process...also found there are quite a few rattles and creeks from the dash and rear seat belts which is disappointing and the Qi wireless charger didn't have enough umph to keep charge to my Pixel 8 Pro so had to revert to a cable which so or defeats the benefit of wireless android.....spare wheel arrives tomorrow and sound absorbing roll, so will see if I've overcooked it with an 18" space saver....

• Like 1

Suggest to turn brightness of the phone all the way down, I do that even with the wired AA/acp when needing to charge up the % of the phone Battery

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mr_blibby said:

and the Qi wireless charger didn't have enough umph to keep charge to my Pixel 8 Pro

This isn't a fault with the car - the Qi charger spec means that it can't usually deliver enough power to the phone when the phone is using a CPU-intensive app such as navigation

• Like 3

...also need to make sure to remove any phone cover/case off of the phone as that will also impede charging...

• Like 1

For me, the wireless charging in my car is a bit redundant actually because I've relocated my Brodit phone bracket successfully into it and I use the right hand (power only) USB C socket to keep the phone charged while Android Auto uses a wireless connection for Maps/Nav etc. I then have a 32Gb USB C drive in the left hand socket for an alternative audio source with our complete CD collection on it so it all works out quite well.

If needed, the wife can use the wireless pad to keep her phone charged anytime.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CPN said:

For me, the wireless charging in my car is a bit redundant actually because I've relocated my Brodit phone bracket successfully into it and I use the right hand (power only) USB C socket to keep the phone charged while Android Auto uses a wireless connection for Maps/Nav etc. I then have a 32Gb USB C drive in the left hand socket for an alternative audio source with our complete CD collection on it so it all works out quite well.

If needed, the wife can use the wireless pad to keep her phone charged anytime.

Thanks - I'll probably have to go down the same route I suspect - the Qi charger doesnt like my case, buts its marginally better with it off and my Pixel 8 Pro is a largish phone, so with a USB C cable plugged in and lying in the tray - the shiny black gloss finish around the gear selector will be scratched to pieces in no time.

has anyone found a protector for the shinny black gear surrounds at all or a non slip insert for the armrest storage ?

Another problem with using a Qi charger and phone with case on, is that the phone can overheat if it's working hard and charging at the max Qi rate at the same time, and then the phone's OS will step in and shut it down (ask me how I know this....). Obvs lots of variables here, you might get lucky, but....

• Like 1

This time round I have tried the Mag Safe option for my Pixel 8 with a mous Mag Safe case specifically for the Pixel 8.

I have stuck the charging puck type charger to the side of the centre consul, as the middle is not flat enough to work.

I can almost throw my phone at the charging puck type charger and it lands spot on every time and never falls off.

I did a lot of research into all the various charging mats, thought I found one, but it really did not stop charging as stated and I was getting a message on the Infotainment system saying "phone is getting too hot", so I binned it and the option I have now seems spot on.

• Like 1

Other that that, do you like the car? Any positives to report? 

Magnetic charging is a gimmick. It can't supply enough power for max workloads AND charging. It's also why we won't see wireless road charging for cars. At best, they can add a few miles of range. The EM field required to charge while driving would require a nuclear power plant.

• Haha 1

Yeah inductive charging is quite lossy and it gets much worse the further apart the two things are. I dread to think what the losses would be at EV-charger levels of energy :eek: 

The only way it could work is if cars could deploy a plate under them when at a charger which contacted the ground to bring the induction coils as close together as possible, but that kinda defeats the point of it all...

Hi, new user here! This afternoon I've ordered a Yaris Cross Excel with Pan roof in Titanium Bronze after having a little trial of a '23 model. I'm told it will get a 74 reg, so I'm looking forward to that arriving!

I see the talk about MY24 but mine is showing as MC24. I've had a read of the thread but not quite sure what the difference is - is it just that the C stands for Cross?

Thanks!

On 7/15/2024 at 5:29 PM, Tim5000 said:

Hi, new user here! This afternoon I've ordered a Yaris Cross Excel with Pan roof in Titanium Bronze after having a little trial of a '23 model. I'm told it will get a 74 reg, so I'm looking forward to that arriving!

I see the talk about MY24 but mine is showing as MC24. I've had a read of the thread but not quite sure what the difference is - is it just that the C stands for Cross?

Thanks!

Where is MC24 showing?

Model Change?

On 7/4/2024 at 11:52 AM, SinglePointSafety said:

This isn't a fault with the car - the Qi charger spec means that it can't usually deliver enough power to the phone when the phone is using a CPU-intensive app such as navigation

oddly enough in my other car (Tuscon), with the same case and Qi logoed wireless charger, it has no problem charging the my pixel 8 pro in the same case and running Auto Android... unless is the Qi charger implementation varies between vehicles, it looks like its something specific to the YC 🤔

41 minutes ago, mr_blibby said:

unless is the Qi charger implementation varies between vehicles,

In my user manual the Qi charger is rated at 5W and the Qi standard can support charging up to 30W. 

In others words, it's like having USB 2.0 charging and USB 3.0 charging - the plug looks the same but the performance is very different 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bob66 said:

Where is MC24 showing?

Ah it's on the order form under

Vehicle Details - for your insurance

Model: Yaris Cross - MC24

I guess as long as that means it's the actual latest build and got the upgraded sound deadening/thicker glass then it's all good! 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mr_blibby said:

the Qi charger implementation varies between vehicles, it looks like its something specific to the YC 🤔

The QI charger in my C-HR is pretty useless! I put the (Samsung) phone on the charger this afternoon and drove home - just short of 20 miles. The Battery level at the start was 38% and when I arrived home, the Battery charge was 38%. The phone display was switched off, so the problem does not appear to be car model specific. Note to self - try the QI charger when the phone is totally switched off.

As an aside, the QI symbol was showing blue throughout the journey.

Edited by dannyboy413
added a bit

6 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

The QI charger in my C-HR is pretty useless! I put the (Samsung) phone on the charger this afternoon and drove home - just short of 20 miles. The battery level at the start was 38% and when I arrived home, the battery charge was 38%. The phone display was switched off, so the problem does not appear to be car model specific. Note to self - try the QI charger when the phone is totally switched off.

As an aside, the QI symbol was showing blue throughout the journey.

Toyotas implementation of Qi has been poor since 2016. 
definitely does not support Qi 2 standard either. 

• Thanks 1

Did anyone try to exchange the charging module and pad with a dedicated one but keeping the original switch and enclosure? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links