Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sparco Sprints

SuperRetard

Check it out!

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...MID=1131&CID=20

The driver's side is fitted. The subframes are completely original! As in they were designed, welded and bolted on this afternoon by me and my crazy neighbour (he has a Rover SD1 with a 27-liter Rolls Royce Merlin V12, Spax suspension and wilwood NASCAR brakes!)

Passenger side to be done next weekend.

The 3-point harness bolted on to: the original lower driver's side seatbelt point, the passenger's lower right seatbelt point and finally to the passenger seat anchoring point. I had to put the inertia reel back in though, duct-taped, because the warning light was blinking at me when I disconnected the pyrotechnic pre-tensioners! :rolleyes: I was worried it might have disabled my airbags...

£200 for both seats!! even better than i thought! they look well nice mate!! lookin forward to other one fitted ;)

The driver's side is fitted. The subframes are completely original! As in they were designed, welded and bolted on this afternoon by me and my crazy neighbour (he has a Rover SD1 with a 27-liter Rolls Royce Merlin V12, Spax suspension and wilwood NASCAR brakes!)

Passenger side to be done next weekend.

That sounds good! :drool:

The 3-point harness bolted on to: the original lower driver's side seatbelt point, the passenger's lower right seatbelt point and finally to the passenger seat anchoring point. I had to put the inertia reel back in though, duct-taped, because the warning light was blinking at me when I disconnected the pyrotechnic pre-tensioners! :rolleyes: I was worried it might have disabled my airbags...

This sounds complicated and quite bad! :!Removed!:

They're well plush and very supporting.

I know what my g/f's ample bosoms feel like in their bra now, all safe, snuggly and secure! :lol:

They're well plush and very supporting.

I know what my g/f's ample bosoms feel like in their bra now, all safe, snuggly and secure! :lol:

LOL .... thats one way of putting it!! :lol:

Looking good mate .. would like some myself but not sure about the welding though cos i'll have no idea!

Nice! I just fitted my Sparco Evo after it has been sitting in my garage for a couple of months. I bought the Sparco custom base for my Echo/Yaris/Vitz, and it still didn't fit the first time. I had to get one of the bolt holes cut larger. :angry: I've got a 3 point harness too, but I haven't installed it yet. Nice thinking to overcome the bolt hole on the driver seat. However having two sets of belts from one hole is questionable street safety. At least it's "factory". Not to mention your other safety stuff. That custom mounting looks like a tank. How much does it weigh? Does it slide? Got any pics of where you bolted the harness in the back? Double release?

Cheers.

There's only one strap per hole. The right strap goes into the bigger of the two holes for the driver's seat belt. The left strap goes to the hole for the rear seats. The shoulder straps go to the seat belt hole for the back seats. All proper load-bearing factory strongpoints.

The seat frame doesn't slide, I just tack welded it in the guessed position, then ground it off and re-welded again when I wasn't happy. All done now, the metal smoothed off, the welds done properly and the frame painted satin black. B)

Hey SR,

can't wait to see when the passenger seat is done also. If you have the time, post some pics of the bolting points too. :)

Very Nice :thumbsup:

You will start to notice the difference in all the other cars you drive without bucket seats as I have found out while going round a round-about and smacked by head on the side window. (only people with these type of seats will understand ) :ph34r:

My SPARCO sprints were a complete ar*e to fit, used the origional runners so I can get my son to sit in the back, but all the subframe had to be built from scratch :ffs:

The difference is pretty astounding. You can be sat comfortably as you push the grip to the limit, rather than having to brace against the steering wheel (the very thing you're supposed to be using gracefully!)

Check it out! B)

sparco2.jpg

Did the second seat this afternoon! Took from 11-5 again... absolutely no quicker than last time <_<, but at least it's done! :D

Nice one mate. At the mk meet it looked like you had done a good job there matey. Look forward to seeing it all complete in the flesh mate. Well done with the seat install mate :thumbsup: Top job :yes:

jerry!!

Very niiiiice looking, good work on the frames. :thumbsup:

that looks Bo'!

think my rears are going then!

Making room for the 1UZ, Rob? :D

Cheers, Yves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links