Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tbar Or Sunroof?

mr2nut123

what you rekon people. im personally like the look on the standard sunroof, bit less on insurance and colour matching around the car giving a more complete look, only my opinion to all you tbar owners :P

yeah i heard about them leaking. that didnt really bother me as you can fix this with sum spray that expands the rubber or summat. its just i think it looks more sporty with a whole Shell round the side and not a black patch, altho admitadley, it would be nice with a cool breeze on the summer days...but hey! am in england we dont get much of them :P also harder to break into id assume?

Sunroof was a UK only thing ..

T-bar do leak .. but who cares .. It's a class act when you take the roof off (just remember to put it back in again before it rains)

aye, but must be a fuss in middle of a 'dodgy' area taking off/putting on tbar, im fairly young so wouldnt be a good idea fussing about wi 5 scallys lookin at me wantin sum easy money lol :D

aye but 10 seconds is all it takes for em to giv u a gud hiding if your tbars off lol. i do like the idea of a convertable style crusin sesh every now and again but think im gonna stick with the sunroof, less rattles, and hassle for the odd few sunny days.

aye but 10 seconds is all it takes for em to giv u a gud hiding if your tbars off lol. i do like the idea of a convertable style crusin sesh every now and again but think im gonna stick with the sunroof, less rattles, and hassle for the odd few sunny days.

But if you are driving a '2, they'll just give you a shoeing and take your keys anyhow ..

its just i think it looks more sporty with a whole shell round the side and not a black patch,

i see what u are saying.. get a black one!

i luv my t-bar when it is on the odd occasion dry and i can take it off :thumbsup:

lol i was considering black, but now im fully set on getting a white one. look mint! saw one on a pic n thort hmmm, not bad. then i saw one for real and i was so impressed!

But if you are driving a '2, they'll just give you a shoeing and take your keys anyhow ..

Don't think so! :lol:

T-Bar's rule! They may leak a little if you don't look after them, but there's plenty of fixes, ranging from spray to offset bushes. I fixed mine (which only leaked a few dropos anyway) for around £3!. A can of Holts rubber rejuvitator stuff from Halfrauds. Left it on for around an hour and voila! Fixed! :hokus-pokus:

The best part of owning a T-Bar is pulling up at the lights along side a geezer in a tin top (or sunroof) when it's scorching hot (not that it's done much of that lately), and knowing their sweating their nads off, when you're all lully 'n' cool. :lol:

You know it makes sense....! :thumbsup:

screw the leaks, t-bars rock in the summer and they can still be cosy in the winter if you have the blinds. There is nothing better than cruising in a 2 with the roof off :thumbsup:

And as Bibbs mentioned it literally only takes 10 seconds to take em off or put em back on - and thats not rushing it. Its much easier than you think!

Well mines white AND a t-bar :thumbsup:

<~~~~~~~~~~~~ :D

Never leaked, never rattled, looks DAMN good on a hot sunny day with the roof off.

Still cant believe how many heads turn when it rips past people, and Ive had the car for a year! B)

PS: Sadly being a white sportscar I had the misfortune of being called Don Johnson from Miami Vice (baby) by one of my mates :unsure:

EDIT: Oh and yes, taking off / putting on the roof becomes an art form, its quite amusing how your hands 'feel' for that little latch that releases the lever allowing you to take the roof off without even having to see it.

t bar all the way!, the only reasons people have against them is the leaks and body rigidity!

1 Leaks can be fixed easy

2 your not gonna notice the body flex unless your gonna take it on the track

you know it makes sense B)

I got the sunroof instead of T-Bar for the following reasons:

1. Sunroof version is stiffer.

2. Sunroof version is lighter (although still WAY to heavy for a 2 seater sports car).

3. Too many questions on forums titled "Help, my T-Bar is leaking".

4. Leather (seats, on T-Bar version) when it gets old looks cack.

1. Sunroof version is stiffer.

yeah but its not noticeable unless your on the track, and if u notice it on the roads you shouldnt be on them

2. Sunroof version is lighter (although still WAY to heavy for a 2 seater sports car).

true. cant argue with that

3. Too many questions on forums titled "Help, my T-Bar is leaking".

but they all end with easy, cheap fixes

4. Leather (seats, on T-Bar version) when it gets old looks cack.

as long as theyre looked after the seats will look fine in any version, mine are 14 yr old and look great.

end of the day it depends what u prefer, how u use your 2.

The only issue I have with 99% of sunroofs .. they are UK cars ..

And the UK never got a turbo :lol:

So if you have a sunroof, ya missing out .. if you have a turbo, you'll not care about the bit of weight .. just up the boost a bit :)

Well mines white AND a t-bar :thumbsup:

<~~~~~~~~~~~~ :D

Never leaked, never rattled, looks DAMN good on a hot sunny day with the roof off.

Still cant believe how many heads turn when it rips past people, and Ive had the car for a year! B)

PS: Sadly being a white sportscar I had the misfortune of being called Don Johnson from Miami Vice (baby) by one of my mates :unsure:

EDIT: Oh and yes, taking off / putting on the roof becomes an art form, its quite amusing how your hands 'feel' for that little latch that releases the lever allowing you to take the roof off without even having to see it.

Mine too :P

Tis Best :D

You will never get a tbar owner who doesnt rate it. You wont be able to understand the feeling until you have one, but being able to pop out two panes of glass, and the noise of the cars on the road and the wind in your hair, nothing like it. and not the security issues of a soft top.

Have had the occasional leak but not bad, and actually not even done anything about it, justmade a tune out of the drip drip drip!! Its quirky to me, who wants perfect!!!

Re, ins, fell free to proove me wrong, but doesnt make any difference to insurance. I have certaintly never been asked whether a Tbar.

Really no hastle to take them out either, ok so slightly longer than a moon roof but love the funny looks I get when start popping glass out of my cars roof!! :P

and as with Snakeater, a real head turner!! ( even in my totally standard 2)

Love her (incase that wasnt clear :P ) :D

When people say a T-Bar version is 'stiffer' than a hard top - come on, that's like grasping at straws really - like houston said - you are never going to notice that. It's the wheels that turn the car - alright it may be a slight psychological thing on a track if your approaching a corner at 100+, if you even think of it that is, but come on, really... am I the only one finds the whole 'stiffer' thing a bit far fetched?

are you crazy.... how anyone could not love a t-bar is beyond me.

having a choice of the exact same car in hard top or t-bar and the t-bar would win everytime. it just is so cool, getting the top off in the summer, going for long motorway cruises.... aaaaah bliss.

if you dont get a t-bar you will always be wondering about the grass on the other side being greener. having owned a t-bar, i have never considered the "benefits" of a hard top. once the t-bars are on and the shades in, it is just like a hardtop.

look me in the eye and tell me this pic doesnt get your juices flowing :D

2004m.jpg

I've had both. I now have a t-bar. I like it better. But there's nothing wrong the sun roof - take it out and stow it behind the passenger seat or in the front boot. You get the wind in your hair almost as well as a T-bar. Well... almost :P

(theft is not an issue with the T-bar - it's just as safe/vulnerable as a tin top/sun roof. It doesn't factor into it).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links