Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris motorway mpg ?

Countryside

That petrol spec sheet so interesting 👌
Me think there are so many variables there in the fuels and most likely the reason why many times I feel differently how the engine sound and how is performing, although been using the same garage, same pump and same petrol. You only need one or two variables changed and there will be some differences. Very similar to e5 vs e10. Lately been using mixture of e10 from Shell that previously was bad now seems best of all e10 I have tried and e5 from bp which seems to quieten the sound from the engine and makes the car feel more alive.
Heated seats aren’t as good as hvac and the microclimate creates, hot and dry air, clean windows, fresh cloth interior smell, not mouldy wet towel. .
Heated seats only are similar to seat outdoors and only have some hot air  blown at you from those outdoor heaters , better than nothing but same like you been seated indoors. 

• Like 2

Actually, I wonder if your weird fuel issues are due to this summer/intermediate/winter fuel changes? Did you start to notice it roughly around the same time that PDF says they change the formula...?

• Like 1

Surely the Yaris hatchback is more economical than the Yaris cross as it doesn’t weigh as much ? Is this true ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

Actually, I wonder if your weird fuel issues are due to this summer/intermediate/winter fuel changes? Did you start to notice it roughly around the same time that PDF says they change the formula...?

Usually is all year around. It’s just not two petrol fill ups exactly the same. 
For the cold start knocking, engine misfire I think it’s something with the fuel.  There is either a water inside, or there is some anti knock agent missing from the content or reduced quantity of it, because happens mostly with supermarket fuels who sell cheaper than other places.
The car might have some age related issues like dirty injectors or carbon buildup or both and when starting cold the fuel mixture might be too rich and flooding the engine with fuel or fuel gets pre ignition as the petrol itself doesn’t have capability to prevent that , same as if I had RON91 instead of RON95 , old standard petrol. This is how I explain the situation myself. Not that I am going to do something about it, been happening from time to time now over 5 years. In fact with top tier petrols from Shell, esso, bp no matter if e5 or e10 almost never happened. For me cheap petrol is definitely not suitable. 

• Like 1

My Gen.3 would misfire when cold starting, but that stopped when I moved to Tesco premium fuel. I pretty much use nothing else now. Texaco E5 seems to be fine, too.

Now I figured out how to demist the Gen.4 without waiting hours for the car to get warm, I'm seeing 60+ MPG regularly. Very pleased considering the sub-zero temperatures!

• Like 3

Me in winter - about 58mpg average motorway at 65mph true, and about 60mpg general trolling around near home.  Lots of shortish journeys so pretty good really.  Much better in the summer of course.  Although motorway maybe only by 5mpg 😀 

• Like 3

Yes very good many thanks what range do you get around 450 miles ?

In my Yaris I normally do just over 400 miles between fillups but I fill up at a quarter tank indicated, and usually get in 26-28L, so I reckon I could do a bit over 500 miles if I ran it down to the fuel warning.

I think the furthest I've driven was about 510 miles in summer and still only got 30-something litres of fuel in

• Like 2

Have you had any trouble with your Yaris cross ? My Chr has been trouble free nearly 3 years old . 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links