Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lpg Conversion?

hinesh_p

hi ppl,

well ive seen many cars like jag xjs, lexus LS400s done to em and basically cuttin fuel costs in half which in theory is like gettin double the normal mpg :drool: has any one converted to gas in the mr2? <_< if not, is it possible even though it is mid-engined?

Cheers

Regards,

HP

Not totally clued up on the matter but dont you need an extra tank thing? SO would there be enough room on a 2? possibly not!

i heard that it replaces the space the spare tyre takes, so it would go in the front? :unsure:

yes, it can be done on any mk2 including turbo's. will cost about 1.5k and the tank can be put in the front bay or boot. i looked into this about 2 years ago and was told by the guy who works on every mechanical aspect of my car that he can do it.

to be honest i wouldnt recommend unless you had a huge v8 powered tank

the conversion costs about 2k at the best of times and ok fuel costs are approx 40p per litre

you have to take into account that a big engine will recoup the costs far quicker than smaller engines and that takes roughly 2 years average usage on a big range rover!

so a smaller engine is evidently going to take longer if ever it will recoup as the cost of LPG is slowly creeping up as the !Removed! government begin to spank more taxage onto it :angry:

also at the best of times you loose about 10-12% of your overall power that the car produces with petrol

thanks for replies, yeh i think it is about 1.5k, and to recoup those costs will prob take few years so i dnt think itll be really worth the hassle unless i get a job that involves commuting (i.e20k+ miles a year)

but at least i know it is possible :thumbsup:

regards HP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links