Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota chr screen washer only delvers short burst

Ractor

Mine is the same so I would also appreciate some help on this .

On 12/2/2023 at 2:28 PM, Ractor said:

Toyota chr screen washers only give a short burst then just a trickle

This might sound like an odd question, but do you know the outside temperature when you tried. It could be that the fluid has frozen in the hoses

Topic moved to the C-HR forum.

My CHR screen wash jets will only deliver a sort squirt and the go to a trickle.

Similar topics merged.

My front screen washers are OK, but that for the rear window isn’t very impressive.  I use premium screen wash (currently still using fluid from when I had my VW, but will change to Toyota fluid when I repurchase (unless the VW fluid is less costly, in which case I will continue with that).  I use full strength all year round.

• 4 weeks later...

The outside temperature was above freezing, and I had a -10 degree solution in the tank , however the motor pump eventually stopped working and this was covered with the car’s warranty, the car was four and a half years old, 

• 2 weeks later...

There is a filter in the tank and it blocks up, remove the pump then the filter, clean/blow it out and refit 

• 3 weeks later...

I had this with a CH-R and the dealer investigated and found that it was 'gunked' up. They couldn't understand why as it was still fairly new. Once they unclogged the gunk it was fine.

On 12/10/2023 at 12:03 PM, Haliotis said:

My front screen washers are OK, but that for the rear window isn’t very impressive.  I use premium screen wash (currently still using fluid from when I had my VW, but will change to Toyota fluid when I repurchase (unless the VW fluid is less costly, in which case I will continue with that).  I use full strength all year round.

What I found this winter is when I increased the dosage for anti frost one of the front washers clogged. So I got a kettle of boiling water and gently poured it over the clogged nozzle and it cleared it.

On 1/13/2024 at 7:42 PM, Jamesae92 said:

There is a filter in the tank and it blocks up, remove the pump then the filter, clean/blow it out and refit 

Where is the filter situated, and how easy or hard is it to get to ??

On 1/13/2024 at 7:42 PM, Jamesae92 said:

@Jamesae92 How do you remove the pump and then filter ?? Do You have to go in from underneath the car ??

On 2/1/2024 at 9:21 AM, JonathanP said:

I had this with a CH-R and the dealer investigated and found that it was 'gunked' up. They couldn't understand why as it was still fairly new. Once they unclogged the gunk it was fine.

@JonathanP , do you know how they did this ?? Was it just a hosepipe down into the bottle ??

It was a while ago now, but I think they took it apart to figure out what was happening.
Once they had done it, I never had an issue.
They said it was like grease, so wonder if something had contaminated the washer unit when the car was built as it had an issue early on after delivery.

Remove the front lower half of the osf wheel arch liner, the pump is just push fit, pull the pump out and the rubber grommet remaining in the tank is the filter just take it out and clean it then reinstall 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:58 AM, Jamesae92 said:

Remove the front lower half of the osf wheel arch liner, the pump is just push fit, pull the pump out and the rubber grommet remaining in the tank is the filter just take it out and clean it then reinstall 

@Jamesae92 I take it that's a wheel off job then ?? Do you have to remove the liner completely or can you undo a few screws and get at it ?? I did try pumping out the contents of the washer bottle and refilling but that did nothing. Thanks for your help.

Are you using fluid for fan jet washers?  This is more finely filtered to avoid clogging. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Haliotis said:

Are you using fluid for fan jet washers?  This is more finely filtered to avoid clogging. 

No, I just use screen wash, diluted to recommended dosage. Are they taking the mickey saying you've got to use recommended fluid ??

12 hours ago, Tango T5 said:

No, I just use screen wash, diluted to recommended dosage. Are they taking the mickey saying you've got to use recommended fluid ??

NO! I use a good quality screenwash at 100% and may have different makes of fluid at any time and in 54 years of driving, I have never had an issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 5:50 PM, Tango T5 said:

@Jamesae92 I take it that's a wheel off job then ?? Do you have to remove the liner completely or can you undo a few screws and get at it ?? I did try pumping out the contents of the washer bottle and refilling but that did nothing. Thanks for your help.

Just a few screws at the front easier with wheel off but possible without

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 11:58 AM, Jamesae92 said:

Exactly as described, the filter was that clogged I couldn't even see the filtration gauze. It just looked like solid rubber. It was black in colour and had a seaweed consistency. Thanks @Jamesae92.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links