Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heated Steering Wheel

GBgraham

On 12/9/2023 at 1:01 PM, Allan Doyle said:

My German spec RAV4 PHEV has a heated steering wheel. The only problem is where the switch is situated: Above my left knee. OK to turn it on when stationary but difficult to find (hidden behind the steering wheel) when driving. 

Agree. The same thing with all the other "extra" switches like heated windshield. Had to memorize which switch is which by the order those are set there so I don't have to take eyes off the road in a blizzard and start trying to find the switches hidden under the steering wheel.

• Like 2

Toyota are certainly not hot on ergonomics…… (see what I did there…..) 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Terry10 said:

Oh dear, you gave me a clue when you mentioned eco mode on air con!!!!!  I did some research and it appears that the eco mode also down grades the heated seat output. I ALWAYS RUN ON ECO MODE !!!!!! Turned it off and the heated seats are a lot better now.THANK YOU NICK. Reason I use eco mode is because I suffer from dry eyes and air con makes it worse for me.The other point I would make is that I don't think the dealer even realises this.Seats are still not as hot as my previous car but is now more than acceptable. Had the car 3 years this week and only just discovered this🙄🙄. You can all laugh , That's life.

Terry

Hi Terry, glad it helped. It just crossed my mind. It was many months in that someone mentioned in a thread that Eco mode turns down performance on a number of things including the air con. It may have been Ernie that mentioned it. I was a little frustrated the only way I could clear the windscreen was to press the windscreen clear button which fires up the ICE. But that wasn't true. It was because I was in ECO mode and that just takes ages. Much better in normal mode but still not like pressing the button to use ICE combustion heat.

I wonder how much Eco mode limits the current on the heated seats. Could it be 50%?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terry10 said:

I ALWAYS RUN ON ECO MODE !!!!!!

I [almost]never run in Eco mode - economy is managed via my right foot!

I discovered years ago (in a diesel RAV) that Eco mode prioritises economy over comfort and happily 'disables' climate control so I simply stopped using it ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

I [almost]never run in Eco mode - economy is managed via my right foot!

I discovered years ago (in a diesel RAV) that Eco mode prioritises economy over comfort and happily 'disables' climate control so I simply stopped using it ...

As said, I suffer from dry Eyes and have found that the eco worked for me.I am a strong believer in having air con on permanently to keep the car dry and clear. Done it for years. I won't stop using eco mode however it will definitely go off when I want a warm butt 😂😂😂

You live and learn

Terry

• Like 2

I run ECO mode in the PHEV 100% of the time, more or less. I'll revert to NORMAL if it's very cold but always try to precondition before leaving home. I accept that this is not an option for HEV owners.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links