Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ice Upgrade - Cd Changer

geordiebeermonster

Hi all,

I'm hoping that you can help me, I don't have a Yaris myself (sorry) but I'm here on behalf of my niece who wants to upgrade her in car entertainment by fitting a multichanger. She has the standard radio cassette buzzbox in her Yaris and has been looking to add a cd multichanger. Apparently Toyota quoted her £700 for a compatible changer, so she went to Halfords. Halfords said that they could do something for her with a bog standard multichanger, then they said they couldn't, then they could with the use of a Sony wiring harness. Their latest claim is that they are having difficulty in getting hold of the wiring, and they are basically messing her about, despite the fact they already have her money.

What are the options here? Can she keep her standard buzzbox and go with a non standard CD changer, or does she have to fork out £700 or else change the whole system, losing the digi display? I know with my Saab it's a clarion six disc or nowt with the standard buzzbox.

thanks in advance for your help with this.

Davie

hi, welcome to the club, it will be cheaper to get an aftermarket headunit and changer, it will also be better quality. I have a cd changer in one of my other cars and it would be easyer if the changer and headunit were the same make, its better to goto someone who knows what they are doing like any car audio centers and not Halfords, some TOC member have said that halford staff dont know how to get to the back of the radio, if you want to do it yourself then read the How To section

the clock, temp and MPG will still work on the LCD, but it will not display the station (that will already be on the headunit)

Kenwood MP3 headunit

Yaris011.thumb.jpg

LCD2

LCD2.asp#1.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links