Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What did you do with your Toyota today?

Nice little ongoing discussion topic for everybody.  

For me it was taking a little plastic piece that fell out during a previous job.. finding where it went and then trying to put in a screw that’s been rolling about too.  Also fixed a squeak under the seats since I fitted the heated seats.   Didn’t find where the screw went… Scratched the dashboard badly with the seat rail whilst lifting it back in… £50 lighter now, so much for a ‘making it better’ job on a Saturday afternoon!!! 

What did you do with your Toyota today? (Not just car specific, maybe you drove it somewhere interesting or seen something interesting along the way?) 😊

Left it where I had parked it the evening before and drove my 1996 Volvo 940 to a little job. Back lanes on the way back and a few floods up to the sill on the car.

Same tomorrow as lane way flooded to look at another job.

Monday drive Auris to shops.

James:thumbsup:

• Like 4

I watched the rain bucket down so hard on my Auris that it saved me washing it. I did think at one stage to throw some car wash over it to assist the rain but couldn't find my snorkel to go outside.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

A week or so ago, I had a heated seat element fitted, more recently, gave it a wash...

• Like 2

Yc Smart Connect,  Looked in settings,  found part 1 of the software update was complete and part 2 ready to load.

It loaded in reasonable time and then required 10 minutes to install.   In otherwords don't plan on using the media system while it is rebooting.

All complete. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SB1500 said:

I presume the Auris is the car that gets the special treatment? 😏

Not really, have used it in the past for carrying 2.4 metre lengths of timber but certainly won't drive it into flooded roads as my most expensive car. 13k in Jan, 2020 with 28k.

At the moment covered in mud as Marina car park always full when I return late, so can only park on grass/mud! Sometimes need to reverse in place as traction control kicks in and cuts the power going in forwards. Car park being done next Summer!

James.

• Like 3

Took mine to get washed yesterday - in a shopping centre car park valet centre. Anything below 10C is too cold to risk getting a cold… ❄️ Salt buildup was getting bad as it had went two weeks from last wash. Won’t stay shiny long but more of a functional thing to keep the salt from getting too bad..

IMG_0240.jpeg

Didn't drive today.

But did stand at the window for a bit admiring the looks and stance of the mighty Yaris.

It somehow stood out against the backdrop of urban dystopia, with mounds of rubbish swirling in the gusts of the winter wind which also gave the bling spinners a twirl.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Didn't drive today.

But did stand at the window for a bit admiring the looks and stance of the mighty Yaris.

It somehow stood out against the backdrop of urban dystopia, with mounds of rubbish swirling in the gusts of the winter wind which also gave the bling spinners a twirl.

Paul, It sounds like clockwork orange.:2guns:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ah Bob, your post brings back some memories.

I went to see clockwork orange at the cinema in St Ives, the Cornwall one,in around 1971-2 , French connection was also new out at that time.

To me, cinema was an exciting experience at that time, used to go every week , and saw most of those old 70s classics.

Dean developments were paying 90p a M2 for laying heavy concrete blocks in house foundations in Helston, so could afford the pics and a Devenish beer or two, and a pasty.

But, back to topic, the droogs have swapped white boiler suits, bowler hats, and eye makeup for filthy "trainers", Adidas 3 stripe, and burglary stained 'oodies, and no education at all.

I think I will venture out tomorrow and drive about aimlessly for a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Ah Bob, your post brings back some memories.

I went to see clockwork orange at the cinema in St Ives, the Cornwall one,in around 1971-2 , French connection was also new out at that time.

To me, cinema was an exciting experience at that time, used to go every week , and saw most of those old 70s classics.

Dean developments were paying 90p a M2 for laying heavy concrete blocks in house foundations in Helston, so could afford the pics and a Devenish beer or two, and a pasty.

But, back to topic, the droogs have swapped white boiler suits, bowler hats, and eye makeup for filthy "trainers", Adidas 3 stripe, and burglary stained 'oodies, and no education at all.

I think I will venture out tomorrow and drive about aimlessly for a while.

Paul mentioning Dean development and cinema reminds me of the Pearl and Dean trailer,da da da da music which was probably played in every cinema. :smile: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

As was the national anthem at the end of the film.

As with the queue for brains when they were being handed out, when some patiently waited and got one, others just walked off.

I just stood there unsure of what to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Took my 2015 Auris TS to Toyota for new rear brakes and MOT.

Loaned a 2023 Aygo Manual.

Passed MOT. Slight cut in a tyre sidewall but OK. Very slight grease seepage from ball joint but monitor. New rear disks and pads fitted.

Another year of motoring!

Way prefer the hybrid system. Not driven a manual for 4 years! OK car though the Aygo.

James.

• Like 3

Last night, in the dark, managed to scrape my near side plastic rear wheel arch trim against my garage wall (it is the bit the flares out towards the rear).  Missed the main bodywork by millimetres!!!  Excuse me now, whilst I explode with another string of expletives. 🥶

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Haliotis said:

Last night, in the dark, managed to scrape my near side plastic rear wheel arch trim against my garage wall (it is the bit the flares out towards the rear).  Missed the main bodywork by millimetres!!!  Excuse me now, whilst I explode with another string of expletives. 🥶

Thankfully only plastic! No rust issues and can leave it some time before getting it fixed.   Terrible experience but it happens us all. 

I dented my car (rear door / rear wheel arch) and the unibody... three panels, £600 for a repair.  Started avoiding the work car park but just last week (after a year of no issues) the traffic wardens have started patrolling the side streets again.. so I fear I may be at risk of something similar again!!! 

Could try T-Cut?  Or ring a few places (or message on Facebook these days) send some pics, get some quotes. 

I haven’t done anything with mine, just driving to work and back, I desperately need to clean it both inside and out, hopefully this weekend looks dry and relatively warm so fingers crossed…

• Like 5

Drove my Auris to the Church Yard, where my Dad's ashes are burried. Tidied up and cleaned his stone. Will be 8th Christmas without him.

• Like 5

On 12/9/2023 at 10:57 PM, Auris James said:

Left it where I had parked it the evening before and drove my 1996 Volvo 940 to a little job. Back lanes on the way back and a few floods up to the sill on the car.

Same tomorrow as lane way flooded to look at another job.

Monday drive Auris to shops.

James:thumbsup:

1996 Volvo 940. Awsome!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Auris James said:

Took my 2015 Auris TS to Toyota for new rear brakes and MOT.

Loaned a 2023 Aygo Manual.

Passed MOT. Slight cut in a tyre sidewall but OK. Very slight grease seepage from ball joint but monitor. New rear disks and pads fitted.

Another year of motoring!

Way prefer the hybrid system. Not driven a manual for 4 years! OK car though the Aygo.

James.

"Not driven a manual for 4 years!"  I've not driven one since 1988.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haliotis said:

Hi Albert, it reminds me of many years ago when we owned a Mercedes 230CE and it was a beautiful blue. However we didn't have a garage so a friend of ours offered his garage while an old Mercedes he purchased was being refurbished.

My wife wanted one night to reverse the car into the garage which was really tight as it had two internal brick pillars which only left just enough room to get out. As she reversed she caught the offside rear wheel arch.

It really showed up and after me given her a real lecture on how to reverse we arranged for the car in to be resprayed. On the return of the newly sprayed wheel arch the same night on our return from friends I said I will show you how it should be done, As I reversed back I caught the same wheel arch in the same place.

I had to phone the garage up and rebook it to be resprayed again.The garage manager laughed but said he would do it for half the price as he still had the paint left over from the first spray job.

As for my wife she didn't need to say anything the look on her face said it all. We still laugh about it today.:smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/11/2023 at 5:44 PM, Bper said:

Paul, It sounds like clockwork orange.:2guns:

Sounds like where I live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, mpm235 said:

Sounds like where I live.

Mark, it can't be Yorkshire is supposed to be god's country so no problems.:hypocrite:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mpm235 said:

1996 Volvo 940. Awsome!

I really like it. Owned around 6-7 years. Paid £250 for it then with 8 months MOT. A good reliable workhorse. Summer just gone, rebuild the front suspension and got the AC working. 234,000 miles, so run in.

Volvo 1.jpg

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links