Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Car Just Died! :(

Rookey

I hate :ffs: garages that dont finish a job properly!

My car went in to have a secondhand alternator fitted which i supplied, i used to be a painter for them so presumed they would at the very least do a standard job, if not put a bit more time and effort into it!

Found out yesterday its a complete bodge job, and its caused my car to die!

The wires the have used to wire up the alternator are dodgy oldschool wires and one has snapped, also, in the plug type connector on the alternator, where the 3 pins are, they have bodge tied three wires directly to the 3 pins! no plug! just insulating tape going to the earth, live, and other one(dumb moment!)!!

Im well annoyed as my car broke down when i was tired after a long day at 12:10am yesterday just over a mile from my house! after a full day of driving! in the rain!! then....

The AA guy got there quite quickly actually, and i used his Battery block thing to give me enough power to get home but could only use the sidelights...

Low and behold, more bad news, sirens come on, police pulled me over because of the lights, luckily the AA guy explains and i get shifted on my way!but its the hassle!

Anyways, i THINK/HOPE its just the broken wire that i have to replace because i really cant afford anything else right now, but if it IS a major issue, then...

...well i dread to even think what decisions i will have to make, ...thinking long and hard about keeping this car.

Such a Good day for me turned into Sh*te by a broken wire! :(

Dave!

Really sorry to hear this mate :(

You sound thouroughly hacked off, dont blame you .

These things always happen at the worst times dont they :angry: Glad the cops left you alone in the end, that would have been t he perfect end, if they were arsy about it .

Are you gonna go back to the garage and tell them to sort out their mess ???

I already have, the bodge job lasted for 2 months which is outside of their "bring back" service thing. I have to either pay for someone to do it, or risk doing it myself, Im going to asses the situation more when its not raining and i can get under my car.

I was crapping myself when the cops pulled me over.

They were giving me the "is this your car?" "you're a bit young to drive this kind of vehicle arent you?" etc...well annoyed :(

Dave!

eek i was thinking your car was blown up or something after reading the thread title!! Chin up mate, it couldve been a lot worse. I doubt any serious damage has occured, just make sure you goto a reputable garage in future! and yeah those gits better give you compensation for their crappy job

Thats a shame. Grrrrrr to dodgy garages Grrrrrr (tell them I said so then they will be scared!)

cant believe you got "you look too young", what they saying you look 16!! :unsure: . Whatever. The other day I got " you look to little to be driving that!!! :rolleyes: what was that about!!

Hope it gets sorted soon

Thing is tho Shaf my man...

If i sell it, ill have to go back to a fiesta or something like that until i can afford a new one...

I will miss the 2, no car will compare! :(

Dave!

Damn if its not mine going wrong , its rico's and now its yours....

Mine was caused by a dead alternator then the alarm making a mess of things , rico was because of water i believe..

all i can say is :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: mr2's

is it just a case of a set of broken wires?? ie the alternators not dead aswell??

im no expert on the mr2's alternator but on certain cars you can obtain a new plug and fit it back on with the use of some crimps to attch it back onto the existing loom

that probably didnt make sense :P

What ive found is mr2's are dreadful for alternator problems ive seen atleast three mr2s so far on this forum not including mine with a alternator fault.

Little problems for so much pleasure :P

I see the light at the end of the tunnel.... it looks like its just a broken wire, i will most likely be fixing it tonight or tomorrow, then charging the Battery agian and we're away!...

fingers crossed!

Dave!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links