Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid car insurance refusals, LV=, etc ........

Miseryguts

I ended up with Adrian Flux who post here occasionally, got cover but nearly doubled from last year's policy with LV

• Like 2

On 5/18/2024 at 9:49 AM, Saxmaniac said:

I ended up with Adrian Flux who post here occasionally, got cover but nearly doubled from last year's policy with LV

Hi.

Glad we could help out with your insurance this year.

Regards,

Dan.

LV refused to insure. Gone with Churchill this year, about £450, Directline quoted £950!!.

Auris Hybrid

Regards

Nigel

Nigel, LV invited me to get a quote and then declined on account of age.  

I queried this with my broker who insured me with LV.  Apparently brokers have different agreements.

• 3 weeks later...

LV have sent me an email saying they will not insure my Hybrid Toyota auris again due to them being stolen for the parts. 
what’s going on ?

50 minutes ago, Jackie patricia said:

LV have sent me an email saying they will not insure my Hybrid Toyota auris again due to them being stolen for the parts. 
what’s going on ?

LV in particular seem to be getting out of the hybrid insurance business.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Moleman said:

LV in particular seem to be getting out of the hybrid insurance business.

They declined me as I was too old.  My broker however could!

• Haha 1

Aviva directly from their website offer competitive prices and they have very easy dashboard to navigate, make claims etc. Prices are higher then ever with all insurance brokers or providers currently. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Aviva directly from their website offer competitive prices and they have very easy dashboard to navigate, make claims etc. Prices are higher then ever with all insurance brokers or providers currently. 

I've found Aviva isn't that competitive - I tried them for a quote the other day as my insurance renewal is due later this month, they where even more expensive then the quote I got from LV.

FWIW - Ill be renewing with Toyota insurance as my renewal is nearly £300 cheaper then what Aviva want for a similar level of cover. 

Toyota insurance was also competitive compared to results on the comparison sites. 

• Like 2

If you're getting lower quotes with Toyota Insurance, buy a lottery ticket!!! :eek: :laugh: 

(And if you have Toyota Roadside Assistance, they should give you an additional discount so don't forget that! Was 10% originally but only 5% last time I used them, which was a while ago...! I've only had the luck twice to get a quote with them for less than a grand :laugh: )

The lowest on comparison sites was 1450,one broker low was3450,full no claims,1 driver.oddly nearly all same Co.

Did I read that right? One of your 'low' quotes was £3450?? :eek: 

Are you 17??? :eek: :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Hi,

I have received a letter this morning from my car insurance company (L=V) stating that because of the high rate of theft of the Auris Hybrid (2018) model, they are no longer prepared to offer insurance as from my renewal date (July).

Is anyone else's insurance company doing this?

If I remember correctly, there have been a few posts regarding LV, (and a few others), refusing to insure hybrids.

• Like 1

Cyker,just the opposite, I may even be the oldest poster/driver. The 3450 sum is correct. In my eyes,a clean record seems to count for nothing. That sum comes close to the miles I drive now,a quid a mile. The half dozen quotes came up with the same ins. A-g-e-a-s. [this would not print before.]

• Like 1

The funny thing is I've not heard of any high Auris theft, only the catalytic converter in some areas, but that seems to have died down now.

But hey if they don't want the money I'm sure there are other companies

I have been insuring with LV for a number of years and have not made any insurance claims since 2004, but have been suprised to receive an email from my insurer stating that they will not re-insure my vehichle at the end of July due to the number of claims for stolen Auris T4 Hybrid cars, has anyone else received such prior notification of termination of business, and also is it true that the model is being stolen in large numbers. If other owners have the same experience, where is the best place to go for insurance, my car is old but due to Toyota dealership maintenance runs without problem and my mileage is just over 50,000 miles, I am prepared to just go third party which I could have offered to LV, but feel they donot desrve my on-going business.

45 minutes ago, Clive Taplin said:

I have been insuring with LV for a number of years and have not made any insurance claims since 2004, but have been suprised to receive an email from my insurer stating that they will not re-insure my vehichle at the end of July due to the number of claims for stolen Auris T4 Hybrid cars, has anyone else received such prior notification of termination of business, and also is it true that the model is being stolen in large numbers. If other owners have the same experience, where is the best place to go for insurance, my car is old but due to Toyota dealership maintenance runs without problem and my mileage is just over 50,000 miles, I am prepared to just go third party which I could have offered to LV, but feel they donot desrve my on-going business.

LV are it seems getting out of the insurance business as far as Hybrids are concerned.

Look online, plenty of others happy to take your business.

For the Auris hybrid it will mainly be the theft of the catalytic converters.

Easier business sense for LV to just to not take the risk of insuring the vehicle.

I did post more ,but dont see it. Settled on the cheapest of 1450 which is doubled,also upped my voluntary sum to700 which does'nt seemed to have helped.

• 1 month later...

I presently drive a RAV4, insured with LV through the Post Office. I received notification of an alleged accident that my car was involved in back in April. This was totally new to me because the accident occurred miles from where the car and myself were on the day. I sent my insurer screen shots of the car trip summaries for the day in question confirming this, they also sent an engineer who confirmed that there was no damage to my car consistent with the accident as described. This is slowly churning through the system, however it is now causing me (expensive) grief. I'm changing the RAV4 for a Yaris Cross Premiere and phoned the Post Office to arrange for the cover to change next week when I pick it up. They said that the present underwriters won't cover the new car, so I will have to cancel the existing insurance and take out a new one, however as there is an outstanding claim I lose the 5 months premium on the cancelled policy which I may get back when the claim is confirmed plus I have a loading of c£125 on a new policy due to an outstanding claim that may take months to finally come to a conclusion. How seem this happen? 

Colin

• Like 1

I got a zone fine from Birmingham on a car that was last on the road in 2012 and I have been using for bits, currently sitting in a field near Todmorden.

In your case I would be onto the insurance ombudsman like a shot and get it cancelled before you do anything about changing cars or insurance.

• Like 3

Plate cloning is rife down here too - ULEZ only made it worse, but it's very underreported and TfL are making loads out of fines sent to the original owners because there is no independent body involved so apparently can just reject any appeals if they feel like it. Heard of a couple people who had to change their car because even with the plates recorded as cloned by the DVLA and police, and local councils cancelling parking fines when they had proof they were somewhere completely different, TfL just kept fining them.

• Like 2

I would also try the Insurance Ombudsman, its worth a try at least.

Is so depressing, you never hear a positive story about an insurance Company behaving well and looking after customers.

Surely there is a gap in the market / opportunity for an Insurance Company that doesn't overcharge and treats customers properly and fairly?

If I were a billionaire business mogul, I would set one up, corner the market in no time.

1 hour ago, mpm235 said:

.......Surely there is a gap in the market / opportunity for an Insurance Company that doesn't overcharge and treats customers properly and fairly?

Not as long as the great God - Greed - still exists. 🤢

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links