Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid car insurance refusals, LV=, etc ........

Miseryguts

I struggled to get insurance for my new Yaris Cross Premiere because either the companies didn't recognise this new model or because the registration was so recent that their systems wouldn't acknowledge it. I eventually went to Hastings Direct who gave a reasonable quote plus took the registration over the phone, so at least they were helpful.

The proof of the pudding though is how they react to a claim, LV through the PO weren't that helpful but fair play to M&S they were very good when my wife had to claim against s third party.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 7:43 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.

Regards,

Dan. 

Hi 

can you pls provide your contact info.  My email is sqadir1234@gmail.com

Please note that LV are declining to renew insurance on the Toyota Auris Excel on the grounds that there has been a rise in thefts of this particular type of vehicle. I am due to renew for my third year with them and have received a letter to that effect even though there has been no problem.

• Confused 1

Insurance companies when they see an increased risk of a possible pay out ( looking at previous claim data ) will either load the premium or just not bother taking on the risk. 

For an Auris hybrid it will be high theft risk of catalytic convertors that will be the reason why. 

• Like 1

In such cases there should be an opt out clause. Cats being a good example. Take the insurance but exclude the CAT. Maybe some insurance company will read this and decide to offer an exclusion of anything you want like wing mirrors, theft away from home or whatever you feel like standing yourself.

I would always take third party cover as it should be cheaper but now comp. is always cheaper than third party for whatever reason. It used to be that fourth party was the legal minimum, I think that may have changed while no one was looking but not sure and you could never get it anyway.

Personally I would never claim for any self inflicted damage, I would only claim if I were to blame and a third party was involved.

• Like 1

Interesting, I'm changing my RAV4 to a Yaris Cross and LV, with whom I'm insured with through the Post Office, wouldn't cover this new car so I had to shop around for a new insurer. 

• Like 1

This again, there are many threads on LV It's due to Allianz taking full control and changes to the underwriters

you get nothing for loyalty, be aware all NCB are now capped at 9 years

• Like 1

I'm with LV for my RAV4, renewed ok in May ?

• 1 month later...

I drive a Toyota AURIS hybrid 2015. I have been insured with LV for many years without a claim, My renewal is due on 1 Oct but LV have refused to renew my insurance . I quote “ due to a change in our underwriting approach for your type of vehicle we are unable to offer a renewal quote” Have any other members had a similar experience?

d

6 minutes ago, AGCM15 said:

I drive a Toyota AURIS hybrid 2015. I have been insured with LV for many years without a claim, My renewal is due on 1 Oct but LV have refused to renew my insurance . I quote “ due to a change in our underwriting approach for your type of vehicle we are unable to offer a renewal quote” Have any other members had a similar experience?

Over on the Lexus forums plenty of members have had similar experiences with LV, I believe as a result of the Canbus theft issues.

Weirdly, LV wouldn’t insure my RX450h direct - same reason as they have provided for you - but I went through a broker, who insured me with…erm…an LV company called Highway. All the documentation was LV branded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AGCM15 said:

d

Hi, 

this is because of the popular catalytic converter thefts on these cars. 
I am with Aviva directly from their website and they offer me best price and the easiest to navigate website and profile. Making claims is also the easiest on their web like booking a windscreen repair or replacement, accidents etc. 

On 12/20/2014 at 8:15 AM, Miseryguts said:

Μόλις διάβασα ένα άλλο φόρουμ αυτοκινήτου (όχι toyota) ...

In my area the insurance companies do not act like they do in your area. There are differences in what you mention but not very significant, even if something is not visually accessible

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links