Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2023 AYGO X

Drew Peacock

Hi.

soon to been aygo owner here from sweden. we have a nissan leaf 40kw which we love and are keeping. but during our minus 20c winters the range is just 60 miles lol. so as a back up car for winter and longer journeys we have decided to get an aygo x.

all goes ok with the bank transfer we hopefully collect it wednesday.

• Like 5

One thing i cant find out much info on is valve adjustment hydraulic or bucket and shims?

Your question is about the VVTI system or how / when to adjust the values ?

Hi.

i assume most modern cars have hydraulic valve adjustment. seems these aygo use bucket and shims? i suppose they never need doing?

Every 90.000 km for Aygo X and Yaris 1.0 or every 6 years, says my Toyota maintenance schedule book.

Didn't know what 'bucket and shims' was but looked it up now. Never heard of this in English lessons.😁

Do the necessary oil changes from new would be a good advice to avoid trouble on the valves, I guess. Good for many things.

picked the car up all ok.

got 300 quid off because it had a small stone chip on the windscreen and a scratched headlight.

so far so good. 5.3l per km's which equates to about 55 mpg i think..that was 70 mph motorway for 70 miles.

tyres are so expensive for this. got a deal with winter tyres included. car is an ex demo. 20k brand new here. got it for 16k with 1.5k worth of winter tyres included

-6949382404202942069.jpg

• Like 6

Brand new or used car ?

Looks like you drove it right into the snow. I would tell them to hold on to it longer cause I would hate having it out in the snow for the first day.

Nice car. Nice landscape. :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

Brand new or used car ?

Looks like you drove it right into the snow. I would tell them to hold on to it longer cause I would hate having it out in the snow for the first day.

Nice car. Nice landscape. :biggrin:

8 months old ex demo car mate. so nice to have some heat again after the leaf. cant use the heaters in that car it drains the Battery so much.

having driven about 4 million miles in my life i can say i'm over the moon with the aygo x. one of the cheapest cars you can buy here. so for the dough how can you complain?

• Like 1

my last muscle car. sold it when interest rates started rising. cash in the bank is now worth something at last 

X9Qylod (1).jpg

• Like 1

I can't imagine not being able to use the heater in winter because it uses too much electricity. 

I remember I drove old trucks 35 years ago sometimes that didn't heat up, all day :tongue:

Then there was no choice ... now there is. Also for you  😀

Do you guys preheat the engine in winter or the interior / just the garage ? Or wait for the car to heat up by itself ?

Do many people there leave the car standing outside all night ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

I can't imagine not being able to use the heater in winter because it uses too much electricity. 

I remember I drove old trucks 35 years ago sometimes that didn't heat up, all day :tongue:

Then there was no choice ... now there is. Also for you  😀

Do you guys preheat the engine in winter or the interior / just the garage ? Or wait for the car to heat up by itself ?

Do many people there leave the car standing outside all night ?

many diesel cars have motor and cabin heaters that you can program. my van has it. it's brilliant. but me being a tight **** wont pay 3k to have it fitted to any of my cars.

garage has our sons kia in it and it's put off road for now so thats out of action. life is hard here in winter. minus 29c the other week.i'm a cockney english bloke that just got lucky and met a swedish bird and ended up stuck here. 5 years we retire. selling everything and heading for the costa del sol in spain.

mortgage long paid off so saving hard now for a nice gaff to live out our twilight years in away from this evil weather

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

i'm a cockney english bloke that just got lucky and met a swedish bird and ended up stuck here.

THAT'S why you know the bucket and shins vocabulary  🙂
I was already thinking : this guy from Sweden knows that term and I have never heard of it.. Shame on me ! 
I thought it was a way to say that something is rubbish 😊

just been out for a 40 mile round trip. cruize control set at 60 mph..67 mpg..happy with that. minus 5c here. that worsens mpg so does winter tyres

thumbnail_6169560651427753737.jpg

• Like 2

No rev counter on the left side  ?   I thought they all had that. I guess I was wrong.

nope no rev counter. no big deal lol. it's cheap. for me cruize control is something i must have.. aircon is nice in the 3 weeks summer we get lol.

drives really nicely. holds the road as a normal sized car. love the clutch feel. i know many complain but i got size 12 trotters. high bitting point i love..

for the dough i give this bad boy 10 out of 10. even me 19 year old lad likes it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

i'm a cockney english bloke that just got lucky and met a swedish bird and ended up stuck here.

You did well to get away from the UK. I'd be happy to put up with the climate.

Enjoy your new Aygo.

• Like 1

No, they don't.

Toyota, in all their wisdom, decided a warning light should be enough for us.

You could install f.e. some obd device that reads the water temperature. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

No, they don't.

Toyota, in all their wisdom, decided a warning light should be enough for us.

You could install f.e. some obd device that reads the water temperature. 

ok. no problems really.  oh i see you have same car as us. how you finding it? ours is averaging 60mpg right now with gentle driving. 

• Like 2

I added my one year evaluation to this topic (above) yesterday.

Before I bought my Aygo II, I had a Megane and I liked to drive that a lot more.
But the engine was already replaced after 30.000 km...  New one was having so much oil dillution that it wasn't going to stay either.
Bad for my type of driving which is often short distances.

I like my Aygo Envy because of the reliability, the 10 year warranty and the 4.85 liter consumption per 100 km but I don't like to drive it that much.

It's ok. Not bad, not great.
I am doing around 7000 km a year and it would be overkill to buy a bigger, more expensive car that is probably less reliable or doesn't have the 10 year warranty.

Look around in the Aygo forum here. Many people here already have an AygoX.

• Like 2

we bought it because it's  toyota.

wifes sister is still driving their mums 1987 toyota corolla. she bought it new in 87. it's still running perfectly. never broke down.

we only have it as a back up car for our leaf. we love the leaf. such a nice car to drive and from march to november costs us basically nothing to run. in fact probably the best car i've ever owned.. the zero maintenance is a godsend. 

this aygo is ok. better than my first cheap car a 1994 nissan micra. 

we dont get 10 year warranty here in sweden. just 3. but wont need it i think. i asked in the local toyota workshop are they reliable. he said they have never had one with any major issues

• Like 4

4.7l per 100 km's the car is saying.  well happy with that

thumbnail_IMG_20231229_095246.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links