Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris GR now a permanent fixture in line up

FROSTYBALLS

Woo! :yahoo: 

I've been looking at the revised interior and I like the little tweaks and improvements; I love that they finally listened and made little tweaks, like the infotainment is curved round, just slightly, so it's easier to access!

I'm glad they saw sense and decided to not only continue but upgrade it - They practically have this niche to themselves and it'd be silly not to take advantage of it!

They're even making an automatic! And it's not some horrible automated manual or DSG, or even a CVT, but a much more robust locking torque converter! My favourite type of autobox! :biggrin: 

I just wish some of the changes had come to the hybrid - Particularly the rear-view mirror being raised so it's not blocking the view so much!

• Like 3

@Cyker It is?? My rearview mirror is touching the roof line. You can push it upwards.

Great to hear this has a real automatic gearbox! I love what they've done with the rear light bar, and the interior.

Any news on pricing yet?

EDIT: reading the article, I'm willing to bet price increases for the new model. I wouldn't be surprised to see this starting north of £45k. The comment from Toyota about "the wealth of GR buyers" suggests they will want a bigger slice of the pie. A damn shame if they do; half the reason it flew off the lot was its price.

I'm also curious which safety metric it failed to meet in the US. Anyone know?

Screw this net-zero crap! We need to stop this madness.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I wonder if yours has been modded - Mine stops going up well short of the roof-line! :confused1:

I wouldn't be surprised if the new GR4 is near £40k - I couldn't believe how little it cost when it came out considering how much bespoke design and engineering they did for what was essentially a low-volume model - We were expecting it to be at least £40k from the beginning!

A price rise would be a pity but expected, and given how much people were willing to pay to buy them off scalpers I think there're enough people willing to stump up the extra it won't impact sales too much. It might even put some cheaper 1st gen GR4s on the market as their existing owners upgrade.

Still unobtainium for me though - I couldn't psychologically handle the mpg compared to the hybrid, and I think the service interval is still the same on the new GR4 which would mean 3 services a year for me! :eek: :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took mine in for a wheel alignment, and they thought it was a GR. The comments from the service dept. got rather interesting. I lead them on fishing for more info.

Bottom line: they generally treat the GR cars with more care (e.g. no car wash as they use a machine). Most curious.

Yes, it seems service interval is halved, so every 6000 miles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

it seems service interval is halved, so every 6000 miles.

Oh that's interesting, I thought it was 6k miles/ 6 months!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links