Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Broken bracket, front spot lamp.

saab9002

Afternoon All,

Combined with fitting a new front washer pump, once I get it, I thought I might as well repair the black plastic bracket that is supporting the front spot lamps. So in order to get the right glue, would anyone know what type of plastic the bracket is made of, I was assuming it was ABS, if not, any idea what it might be ?

kind regards 

Chris

what part is broken? It is PP+E (Polyphenylene Ether) so not easy to glue SG or epoxy will not hold long term, MEK or acetone will melt/dissolve it, it would be better if it's plastic welded

Fog light trim

RH - 81481-74010

LH - 81482-74010

£25-40 each

• Like 1

Hi flash22,

It’s one of the 4 bolt fixings so I might have a go at plastic welding it, I’ve had a bit of success with black motorcycle plastics using tie wraps and a soldering iron. If it fails I’ll order a new one, thank you for the item numbers, I take it that these are main dealer Toyota parts ?

kind regards

Chris

Thanks again flash22, a really useful set of destructions 😄

kind regards

Chris

If a bracket or leg from the foglight housing is broken its best to replace it. 
For sure if its the one that have the screw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2024 at 6:24 PM, Dutchrav said:

If a bracket or leg from the foglight housing is broken its best to replace it. 
For sure if its the one that have the screw.

Hi flash22 and Dutchrav,

I've decided that getting a new pair of fog lights as you suggested is probably the most sensible way to go so I've got a pair on order.

Thanks and kind regards

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I ordered through eBay and found a supplier of LED fog lamps in Hong Kong, ended up paying £20 inc postage and they turned up last Friday, now fitted at the same time as the new windscreen washer pump, that part of the job was a bit of a faff, all in it took me 3 hrs to do the lot. Hopefully that’s it for a bit and I can get back to renovating my RD400d.

thanks again flash22 and Dutchman for all your help

kind regards

Chris

not seen one of those for years must have been late 90's Stan Stephens shop, Brands Hatch that man is/was a ledgend in the 2 smoke racing world

400D that would make it a 77-78 bike

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

not seen one of those for years must have been late 90's Stan Stephens shop, Brands Hatch that man is/was a ledgend in the 2 smoke racing world

400D that would make it a 77-78 bike

You obviously know your bikes, I've only just found out it's a '77d I was under the assumption it was a '76c. I bought it in boxes from the partner of my good friend who sadly 

passed away very suddenly. So I've never seen it in one piece and it's the first Yamaha I've ever owned and I reckon I must of had 30-40 bikes in 55yrs of biking.

kind regards

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links