Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2019 USB not working won't charge

Martin Kenney

We have just bought an Aygo on a 2019 which has the 3 button CarPlay head unit. Problem is that the USB does not work. Have tried all different cables none will even charge. Also data stick with MP3 on does nothing wither. I did buy a second hand port from eBay same part number etc but when I plug that in back of head unit still nothing. Anyone have any ideas with this. 

I think you have a problem with your radio maybe updating your radio will help ???

What is the software number on your radio ?

1 hour ago, Klein71 said:

I think you have a problem with your radio maybe updating your radio will help ???

What is the software number on your radio ?

the issue with that is you need the USB port to work 😉

it's more than likely dead, It has blown a component on the PCB (common mode choke or supply related - it just can't handle the load a modern phone puts on the port

these dead units turn up all over eBay and Facebook, you will have a fight on your hands if you try to get it done under warranty, if its under Relax its not covered full stop

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I thought as much. Have added the version number but as said, with out the USB I don’t think I can update it. 

IMG_0279.jpeg

you can make up a test lead (someone may actually make one), It is an extension lead with 2 USB plugs 1 for power (use a 12v aux to USB adapter) and the other is data (plugs into the radio) to a female USB A socket

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links