Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seeking Advice on Upgrading Seats in my 2008 3-Door Aygo to

ghs101

Hello Toyota Owners Club members,

I'm currently exploring the possibility of upgrading the seats in my 2008 3-door Toyota Aygo to Mk2 seats, and I have a few questions that I'd greatly appreciate your expertise on.

Airbag Compatibility:
My current seats do not have airbags, but I've noticed that most Mk2 seats come equipped with them. Would leaving the airbags unplugged cause any issues, or is there a recommended way to address this compatibility concern?

Interchangeability of 4-Door Seats on a 3-Door Model:
Since my Aygo is a 3-door model, I've come across many Mk2 seats from 4-door models. Can anyone confirm if the seats from a 4-door Mk2 are interchangeable with a 3-door model like mine?

Bolts from Mk2:
I've read in some sources that using bolts from the Mk2 is necessary for the seat upgrade. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it a critical requirement, and if so, where can I source these bolts?

Any insights, advice, or personal experiences regarding these questions would be immensely helpful. Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I look forward to hearing from the knowledgeable members of this community.

Cheers!

Ghs

Airbags - tape the connectors up - job done

the bolts in the mk2 are smaller - get them from a breaker or Toyota i have posted the part numbers before

3 and 5 door seats are different, there are a lot more 3 door 108's and 2015 onwards C1's than 3 door mk2 Aygo's

Edit.

Part numbers

Mk1 90148-WX001 (early cars use Hexlobular bolts)

Mk2 90148-WX002

• Thanks 1

As flash says the 3 door and 5 door seats are different, the 3 door seats have the tilt/flip handle on shoulder of each front seat to access rear, 5 door front seats don't.

Also, in UK all Mk2 models had front side/seat airbags so you won't find any without here unlike the Mk1s, but as flash says just tape up the connectors.

I also remember peeps who done the swap mention the bolts, so handily flash has confirmed that and hopefully a decent scrappy/breakers will include them anyway.

Just one other thing, if you want driver's seat height adjustment, then check driver's seat has it cos here in UK the very base models didn't have it.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links