Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shopping experience?

Haliotis

What is wrong with on line retailers?  Why do they think that buying a product from them rates it as “an experience”?  A few days ago an ordered a couple of doorstops on ‘click-and-collect’.  Now I have received an email from Wickes, asking me to give details of my “experience”.   As far as I am concerned I simply found a doorstop that suited my needs and ordered it for later collection.  As usual, I simply deleted it.

Now, where I make a substantial purchase and/or receive exceptional service, I do go on Trustpilot to show my appreciation of the product quality and/or the excellent service given in the course of delivery.  But for small, cheap everyday items, this would be a bit OTT.

• Like 4

Yes I get this. Purchase a coat hanger and get an email asking you to review it. Then you get another email asking how the courier performed. Then you get a text asking how your visit to the GP surgery went et boodly cetera.

Like you I will review a product or restaurant or whatever on Trust pilot but rarely any of the others (and they ask repeatedly).

• Like 1

Just ignore the lot.

Actually some reviews really work.  I was asked for a positive review that I was quite willing to give as the product far exceeded my expectations.   I got a £5 rebate (20%).

I put up two negative reviews and have had the cost for both refunded, and the reviews stand. 

OTOH I wrote up a negative review for a product bought through Amazon.   The seller offered me a bribe to change my review.   I declined and reported him.

Regarding other reviews I quite agree.  How did you find the light bulb?  'I found it in a large Amazon box protected by crumpled paper.'

What did you think of our product- scent,  flavour,  texture, taste? 'Don't know but the Starlings love it' - worms.

• Haha 2

I recently had a parcel delivered to my front door. I saw the delivery through our video doorbell, while the wife and I were out. When we arrived home, we noticed the parcel wasn'nt fpr us and had been incorrectly delivered. I called the company and reported this. They asked me to dispose of the product as it was "not cost effective" for them to collect and re-deliver. I was told they would resend the item to the correct address.

I have since received a survey to rate my experience of the product. Why??

• Haha 2

Once, on Trustpilot, I came across a poster who had put dozens of reviews on the website - all bad except one!  So one company must have been very exceptional.  A few of the companies gave sharp replies - obviously saw him s a weirdo.

Can’t remember his name as I cannot recall what I was reviewing, but would to see who he has been clobbering since.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Actually some reviews really work.  I was asked for a positive review that I was quite willing to give as the product far exceeded my expectations.   I got a £5 rebate (20%).

I put up two negative reviews and have had the cost for both refunded, and the reviews stand. 

OTOH I wrote up a negative review for a product bought through Amazon.   The seller offered me a bribe to change my review.   I declined and reported him.

Regarding other reviews I quite agree.  How did you find the light bulb?  'I found it in a large Amazon box protected by crumpled paper.'

What did you think of our product- scent,  flavour,  texture, taste? 'Don't know but the Starlings love it' - worms.

The Beatles on returning from a hugely successful tour in the USA, was asked by a television reporter at Heathrow "how did you find America" one of them pipes up "we turned left at Greenland"LOL!!

• Haha 3

@Bernard Foy , actually no joke, but back in the day we were pax on a military flight to Gander.  Some time into the flight we were admiring the brilliant white clouds illuminated by the rising Sun.  Then we realised not clouds but the rising peaks of Greenland's mountains. 

We should have been about 120 miles south of Greenland.

To cut a long story short, the navigator had made an elementary error and later blamed lack of sleep.

We found Gander by turning left. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

The Beatles on returning from a hugely successful tour in the USA, was asked by a television reporter at Heathrow "how did you find America" one of them pipes up "we turned left at Greenland"LOL!!

In one of our higher end restaurants round here called Sam n Ella's, I was asked by the maitre d' how did I find the seared tuna steak crusted with dried lobster crumb.

I told him that I looked under a lettuce leaf, and there it was.

• Haha 3

We have a Indian restaurant near us that's called Karma

There's no menu, you just get what you deserve!😂

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Bper said:

We have a Indian restaurant near us that's called Karma

There's no menu, you just get what you deserve!😂

Oh dear I'm gonna go hungry if I go in there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

@Bernard Foy , actually no joke, but back in the day we were pax on a military flight to Gander.  Some time into the flight we were admiring the brilliant white clouds illuminated by the rising Sun.  Then we realised not clouds but the rising peaks of Greenland's mountains. 

We should have been about 120 miles south of Greenland.

To cut a long story short, the navigator had made an elementary error and later blamed lack of sleep.

We found Gander by turning left. 

You were lucky your goose might have gotten cooked on that flight!!LOL.

• Haha 2

Aye, we usually went to Goose

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links