Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Speakers

mjreid

hey, ive just decided i feel like fitting my Speakers to my aftermarket head unit, there 6 by 9s but i want to wire them up seperatly to the front tweeters and the door Speakers as they can take alot more power. just wondered how to wire them so i could fade it to the back. Thanks

I have just finished putting in some 6x9s along with an amp.

I currently have running the door Speakers and the parcel shelf... I got a wiring loom from Toyota which plugs into the back of the standard head unit and splits off another connector for the extra Speakers... I put a converter on this and then ran the 'line out' level to the back of the car and connected it to the amp.... it sounds really sweet... the convertor allowed me to adjust the balance between the fronts and rear

only thing is tho... the dash Speakers dont seem to be throwing anything out....

any ideas peeps?

coz theyre crap speakers! you dont realise how crap they are until you buy new speakers in the back which over power them :rolleyes:

er no.... there was sound coming out before... and I actually have some kenwoods to put in the dash... but I refuse to put em in if its not even working first

im not sure how the adaptor lead works but the dash and door Speakers are on separate looms

best thing is to ditch the lot and use components and crossovers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links