Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

mortgage free

Drew Peacock

i normally get about 8 years out of me pants. basic y-fronts. peacock specials. haven't bought any clothes since we moved to sweden in 2005. still got t-shirts i bought late 80's early 90's.

i rebuild my trainers when needed. i hardly ever leave the house so they are 20 years old plus anyway. no boozing last 15 years. not a drop. basic living and we can all do it ok. 

• Like 2

On 1/23/2024 at 4:44 AM, Mjolinor said:

I had a mortgage once. in 1989, didn't like it so paid it off in 1991.

🤣

my work mate has recently bought some bank funds in a technolgy company and has seen a 50% profit last 6 months.

we already have 60k invested. made 300 quid yesterday in fact. gonna put 5k into this technology company today. love funds and stocks. checking them daily is great fun.

300 quid richer today than i was yesterday without lifting a finger. off work today dentist.

• Like 1

It’s absolutely brilliant what you are doing drew, but, I hope you take time to enjoy the things in life, it’s lovely that you have extra cash but I hope you remember that life is short, and can be taken away in a moment, I work in a care home, I see people who have had their life but have to be hand fed and their incontinance pads changed regularly, some have family that don’t visit, but are there as soon as they have gone fighting over who gets what..so yes, I applaud your way of life, but make sure you enjoy every moment..

• Like 3

no problem. me 2 sons will be sorted when i'm gone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

i normally get about 8 years out of me pants. basic y-fronts. peacock specials. haven't bought any clothes since we moved to sweden in 2005. still got t-shirts i bought late 80's early 90's.

i rebuild my trainers when needed. i hardly ever leave the house so they are 20 years old plus anyway. no boozing last 15 years. not a drop. basic living and we can all do it ok. 

Do you wash them?

Washing knocks the s*** out of clothes and you only get 5 years from a pair of shreddies 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just going to leave this here...

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Do you wash them?

Washing knocks the s*** out of clothes and you only get 5 years from a pair of shreddies 

That reminds me of when my neighbour angrily confronted me saying I was stealing her underwear from her washing line, I can tell you, I nearly s### her pants..

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

That reminds me of when my neighbour angrily confronted me saying I was stealing her underwear from her washing line, I can tell you, I nearly s### her pants..

I (truly) had a jade green shirt stolen from the washing line in 1987,lived in a house that was next to a public park at the time.

I still live in the same area, just around the corner from there I do keep a lookout for it though amongst the faded well dressed in the summer,so far no luck.

I am now thinking it may be hidden under a Shell suit jacket.

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

I (truly) had a jade green shirt stolen from the washing line in 1987,lived in a house that was next to a public park at the time.

I still live in the same area, just around the corner from there I do keep a lookout for it though amongst the faded well dressed in the summer,so far no luck.

I am now thinking it may be hidden under a shell suit jacket.

I think it is probably time you moved on. 🙂

• Haha 5

All I can add is….”I’m considerably richer than YOW!”

• Haha 3

Just now, ISL said:

All I can add is….”I’m considerably richer than YOW!”

Aye, the fast show had some great sketches.

Looking forward to it being scorchio again before too long.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

I am now thinking it may be hidden under a shell suit jacket.

Paul, your shirt story reminded me of this joke.

A bodybuilder takes off his shirt and starts flexing in front of a blonde woman. She Says 

"Wow, what a great chest you have!"

"He says, "Solid dynamite, babe."

He then takes off his trousers and the blonde says, "Wow, what massive calves you have!"

He flexes his leg muscles and says, "Like I said, pure dynamite, sweetheart."

Then he removes his underwear and the blonde goes running and screaming in fear.

He gets dressed and goes chasing after the woman. When he catches up to her, he asks, "Why the hell did you go running off like that?"

She replies, "I was afraid to be around all that dynamite when I saw how short the fuse was."😂

• Haha 5

At an upmarket shop in Guernsey they provided a stand for wet umbrellas.

The Mrs brolly, large,  golfing, multi coloured.   On return, small, blue,  collapsible.

We spent the next 30 minutes in the Polette accosting and passing female with a golf brolly.

For the following couple of years we kept looking

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

At an upmarket shop in Guernsey they provided a stand for wet umbrellas.

The Mrs brolly, large,  golfing, multi coloured.   On return, small, blue,  collapsible.

We spent the next 30 minutes in the Polette accosting and passing female with a golf brolly.

For the following couple of years we kept looking

Did you steal the small blue one?

• Haha 3

I am sure a schnell imbiss (German for food wagon)short changed me in the Hamburg suburbs in 1979.

It was a frikadella with mustard and sauerkraut in a brotchen.

At that time the currency was Marks rather than Euros,4 to the £ then.

Well, I reckon they charged me 10 pfennigs extra for the mustard when on the badly chalked up menu,it definitely said it was included.

Not sure whether it is worth it to go back to ask for a refund now,as so much time has passed.

I am trying to just let things go, but do struggle a bit.

• Haha 4

stocks and shares up 150 quid yesterday. love get money for free.

takes me to a happy place.  

19 hours ago, Mjolinor said:

Did you steal the small blue one?

MiL still has it.

24 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

MiL still has it.

How very Putinesque. 🙂

just got paid today. my wages easy covered all bills. save 4k sterling this month. now our son has left home our outlay has halved. insane when you're both working earning 10 000 quid a month and have no mortgage or loans and you're living a hermit lifestyle. close to living like a lottery winner i think lol. 

again i'm just a construction worker. not a banker or high earner. key is having a low outlay every month not a high income.

stocks up 130 quid yesterday..well funds. it's a snowball affect of you leave the investments alone. you make cash on the cash on the cash..buy them and leave them alone.

up about 1k since 1st january. so all looking good so far this year.

right economy beans on toast now for breaky

I think we have all got the message now.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links