Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor quality interior lighting.

tumpboy

28 minutes ago, Cyker said:

a game of scrabble, maybe monopoly. Helps to get a light back there so the pieces are easier to see.

Or writing a dissertation, studying the works of shakespeare, algebraic calculations etc.

You need good light for those,so I have been informed by Kev with the slammed Corsa from the Sunday night meets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jthspace said:

50 years ago, maybe - now all that happens on the back seat is 2 litres of milk and some diabetic buscuits 🥴🤢

Put the 2 litre milk in a bucket on the floor.

In the dim and distant past I travelled to Battersea from Oop here in a female friend's moggy thou , she had put a pint of milk on the passenger parcel shelf under the dash.

It leaked, and it was the middle of summer.

It completely ruined my purple flares with turn ups, and the stench on the way home was something else.

She had to get rid of the car soon after, could not shift the smell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Put the 2 litre milk in a bucket on the floor.

If I did I couldn't find it as its too dark.....

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, anchorman said:

I know what he was talking bout 😉

My friend says...he doesn't need any lights....as he has a very good sense of touch and can find all that he needs to ! 🙂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bob66 said:

My friend says...he doesn't need any lights....as he has a very good sense of touch and can find all that he needs to ! 🙂

Mike will find us in the dark for being off topic but in days gone by, light off was the only option I got.  

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2024 at 5:45 PM, tumpboy said:

I have mounted my led light to the aerial access panel. I earthed it locally and ran a positive feed wire to the front , connecting through the LH bulb fitting. Works great via switch on led. My question is how do you synch to the doors. There is a third wire (yellow) do I connect that to door switch? Hope someone can advise?

Finally dawned on me that the yellow wire is a second earth so that the light is linked to doors, but can also be switched on independently! Got there in the end! £7 light, £3 for cable and connector blocks. Enjoyed the project, like Blackpool illuminations in the back now, perfect!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

I bought a set of interior LED's intended for the YC 2024 on AliExpress. After taking out the dome light I found that it's not a bulb, but weak LED on a small integrated circuit board with a switch attached. (In the pictures the switch is the 'large' rectangle at the top, with a shadow on its left and the LED is the tiny horizontal rectangle at the bottom of the circuit board.) Not at all able to be replaced with the LED's that I bought. I've no experience with older Yaris Cross models, so this might be something new for the 2024 models.

I'd like to know if anyone knows of a plug and play solution for the integrated circuit with a better (blue light emitting) LED? Soldering is not an option.

Here's some related pics.

89193E72-50AA-4366-81F8-93333BFEB62B.png

DFD0BD20-01C7-425B-A835-628FB5D876DA.png

3A3D2F05-7668-4E1D-9BE1-15BDEA4A2F8C.png

255BFECC-BD09-4767-A174-412CC4F2CA7D.png

8A32C15A-4F01-4A50-93FA-36C71FD3ABD6.png

1A56FD31-0FDF-47D0-8496-1C1C73005234.png

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 9:03 PM, YuCross said:

Hi All,

I bought a set of interior LED's intended for the YC 2024 on AliExpress. After taking out the dome light I found that it's not a bulb, but weak LED on a small integrated circuit board with a switch attached. (In the pictures the switch is the 'large' rectangle at the top, with a shadow on its left and the LED is the tiny horizontal rectangle at the bottom of the circuit board.) Not at all able to be replaced with the LED's that I bought. I've no experience with older Yaris Cross models, so this might be something new for the 2024 models.

I'd like to know if anyone knows of a plug and play solution for the integrated circuit with a better (blue light emitting) LED? Soldering is not an option.

Here's some related pics.

89193E72-50AA-4366-81F8-93333BFEB62B.png

DFD0BD20-01C7-425B-A835-628FB5D876DA.png

3A3D2F05-7668-4E1D-9BE1-15BDEA4A2F8C.png

255BFECC-BD09-4767-A174-412CC4F2CA7D.png

8A32C15A-4F01-4A50-93FA-36C71FD3ABD6.png

1A56FD31-0FDF-47D0-8496-1C1C73005234.png

Yes, I reported that the 24 model has led interior lighting.   The boot lights on my Lexus are a single led too.  

• Like 2

Toyota have penny pinched IF you look.

One obvious one to me, is the switches in all the doors are not illuminated!!! How easy would that have been to include !!

When I get round to it, I'm going to order some after market ones from AliExpress, did this in my previous Rav, very easy swap and excellent result.

• Like 1

I did mine with some used Corolla items, in the process of doing the ambient lighting too - no wiring into the doors on my Excel tho

• Like 1

Well this is a thing now, had to add a plug and wiring into the door and tapped the footwell wiring - will post a more in-depth thread soon

IMG_1829(Medium).thumb.JPG.48eaad02cda568e40407eddc5d02d66b.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 7:13 PM, jthspace said:

I was going to tap off the front interior light unit / switch as anchorman mentioned in his earlier post. It has permanent and switched power points.  I had already found out how to remove it to upgrade to LED so it makes a convenient place to grab some power.

Hi COULD YOU BE KIND ENOUGH AND TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THE FRONT INTERIOR LIGHT UNIT,  Tks for your support 

On 8/30/2024 at 8:00 PM, Orly said:

Hi COULD YOU BE KIND ENOUGH AND TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THE FRONT INTERIOR LIGHT UNIT,  Tks for your support 

If you are thinking along the lines of "upgrading" yours in your 2024 model, you'll find that they are already LEDs...

Oh and by the way, THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT! :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2024 at 8:00 PM, Orly said:

Use a plastic trim tool to move head liner out of the way, get your fingers in there and tug really hard and I mean really hard.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links