Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 Rav 4 engine stopped

Jim Elrod

My 2024 Rav 4 engine stopped while idling in parking lot. It would start up but die again within a couple of seconds. I let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes and it started normally so I drove direct to dealership. Technician could not duplicate and there were no code errors. Mechanic suspected it could be related to air intake. Any suggestions would help.

Are you sure the vehicle didn't just switched to EV mode, as they do when enough charge in the Battery?

• Like 1

Engine idling very much affected by other factors such as heater demand, Battery levels, etc

Is it a hybrid RAV as Jim is a non UK member ?

• Like 2

Not a Hybrid. Just regular Rav 4 LE with 2.5 liter 4 cylinder gas engine. The Toyota mechanic could not duplicate or find any error codes that would show him what the issue is.

On 1/24/2024 at 12:54 AM, Shootgun said:

Are you sure the vehicle didn't just switched to EV mode, as they do when enough charge in the battery?

No EV mode. This is a standard LE with 2.5 liter gas engine

5 minutes ago, Jim Elrod said:

Not a Hybrid. Just regular Rav 4 LE with 2.5 liter 4 cylinder gas engine. The Toyota mechanic could not duplicate or find any error codes that would show him what the issue is.

This is a largely UK forum - Toyota don't sell 'regular' cars here; all our cars are hybrid so forum members here won't have any experience with your configuration. You might have more luck at rav4world

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

This has happened to me twice within the space of 1 month in my April 2024 Hybrid Rav.

Both time on a busy main road. After stalling had to call Police to get the vehicle moved to a safe place.

The dealer said diagnostics showed up no errors, so they reset (sic) the software (?).

Getting concerned as we do road trips with road assistance not handy/timely.

Any insights into this issue will be very welcome:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links