Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Climair window Wind Deflectors

jthspace

Fitted "smoke" colour deflectors this morning.

Fronts were no bother, bit of fairy liquid and a couple of alignment attempts as a trial before sliding in and (alarmingly) bending to "pop" into position.  

Rears were a bit of a bugger to do. There are two clips and the instructions are a bit "ikea", gives you a guide but not quite sufficient to see what to do.  In the end I pulled the window surround rubber out of the channel and then I could see the "fold" the clip should go in.  After that, it's the same: align long side into the window slot and bend to pop the other in towards the rear of the door.

They look good.

IMG_7232.jpeg

IMG_7231.jpeg

IMG_7230.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 1:41 PM, jthspace said:

Fitted "smoke" colour deflectors this morning.

Fronts were no bother, bit of fairy liquid and a couple of alignment attempts as a trial before sliding in and (alarmingly) bending to "pop" into position.  

Rears were a bit of a bugger to do. There are two clips and the instructions are a bit "ikea", gives you a guide but not quite sufficient to see what to do.  In the end I pulled the window surround rubber out of the channel and then I could see the "fold" the clip should go in.  After that, it's the same: align long side into the window slot and bend to pop the other in towards the rear of the door.

They look good.

IMG_7232.jpeg

IMG_7231.jpeg

IMG_7230.jpeg

Are those the kind that nest in the door along with the glass?

Would those scratch window tints?

Possibly. They sit partially in the glass channels.  If you've fitted window tint film, they may affect it. If your windows are factory tinted then should be fine.

the tint is on the inside of the glass, I have had the climair deflectors on my last 3 cars without issue (that's 15 years 🙃), and Heko before that

the only thing i will say is clean the window rubber and once installed leave the windows closed for 24 hours

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

the tint is on the inside of the glass, I have had the climair deflectors on my last 3 cars without issue (that's 15 years 🙃), and Heko before that

the only thing i will say is clean the window rubber and once installed leave the windows closed for 24 hours

I don't know how the wind deflector is shaped where it enters the window frame. 

Is the cut view like an S with one edge entering the frame, or is it shaped on the upper part like a reversed U and there's plastic touching the glass in both sides?

Also I've heard of deflectors causing problems by straining the window motor or for sealing noises or better hissing wind sounds by not sealing properly. I never had and wouldn't know but this is what people with deflectors have said to me.

Fitting first time strained the motor (kiddy stop triggered) but trying next day, added some fairy magic, sorry liquid, and looking very carefully at the instructions (very small ikea pics) they went in and fit perfectly. No rubbing, no noise and works as advertised.  Rears were a bit harder, see my earlier posts.

Here are docs received with order confirmation, when delivered there were slightly better instruction (paper).

There are YouTube vids on fitting, but I didn't bother as they went in fine on second attempt.

Keep them in the warm before fitting (airing cupboard) as they need to be warm so as to not snap when you bend them into position - it's cringe-worthy bottom-squeaking when you bend them.

2. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ MANUFACTURERS HELP WITH VIDEO LINK -.pdf 1. IMPORTANT - FITTING INSTRUCTION FOR CLIMAIR FRONT DEFLECTORS.pdf

• Thanks 1

the deflectors are on the outside of the glass, no issues with climair but there are fakes on the market especially Heko ones

the climair importer is in sidcup most of the products come direct from the German factory

• 7 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links