Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashcam Footage

Roy124

Just as a diversion I had a go at looking at my Dashcam footage.  We saw her on the edge of out village this afternoon.  We could not make her out on the front cam because of the sun angle but quite clear on the rear cam.  In fact a good case for having the two cams.

image.thumb.png.5653766dc19a3e8cc090a0d553a1b7c5.png

• Like 2

I have cameras front and rear, I wish I knew how to get the images from my phone to be able to post on here, I had an interesting encounter last year with two deer just missing my car having run out from the hedgerows..

• Like 2

I have Nextbase Cams and take my camera to my laptop.  Much easier than trying to catch and edit on a phone though it is possible.

• Like 3

I once caught an Audi on my Dash Cams. It was using it's indicators! Good job I had it on camera, otherwise no one would have believed me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

But Mark,  was it an accident?

• Haha 3

Yes I once saw someone driving an Audi, he let me out of a junction with a friendly wave kept a reasonable distance behind me, I reported it to the police, it was obviously stolen..

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I had some Herbert behind me last Thursday, he was about 2 ft off my back bumper, and revving and beeping.

I am not a particularly slow driver, and had signalled to turn right, had to wait a couple of secs for oncoming car.

I don't however think it was an Audi, but what I want to know is, now that I am obviously too slow and confusing others with my indicators, would I be better swapping to an Audi to eliminate these problems?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

I had some Herbert behind me last Thursday, he was about 2 ft off my back bumper, and revving and beeping.

I am not a particularly slow driver, and had signalled to turn right, had to wait a couple of secs for oncoming car.

I don't however think it was an Audi, but what I want to know is, now that I am obviously too slow and confusing others with my indicators, would I be better swapping to an Audi to eliminate these problems?

I would suggest that possibly a BMW would have more of the desired effect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The problem was not indicators nut brake lights. They obviously dazzled and confused him.

The Chinese sell a handy sign for the rear window.  It is red or orange, other colours may be available. 

You can transmit a variety of messages from Thumb, 1st finger, 1st and 2nd fingers, 1st and 4th, all fingers and thumb, or no fingers at all.

Not sure what they all mean but I am sure a friendly gesture will be appreciated 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Primus1 said:

I have cameras front and rear, I wish I knew how to get the images from my phone to be able to post on here, I had an interesting encounter last year with two deer just missing my car having run out from the hedgerows..

If you are browsing here on your phone then Add Files works

• Like 1

When i get an impatient idiot behind me, I love to wind them up by slowing to let other drivers out from side roads, or to turn right from the opposite carriageway.  You can almost see the stream hissing from their ears - as if they are puffing on an e-ciggy!

• Haha 3

TBH it's the best thing to do - My instructor taught me to reduce acceleration to increase the gap to the car in front, and brake earlier and gentler. The worst thing you can do is speed off as they'll stay stuck on your tail and then if you do have to stop sharply they will almost certainly crash into the back.

I usually test to see if they are a tailgater or are just a bit close, by letting the gap build a bit and then catching up again - Usually the person behind will drop back, but if they stay nailed to my arse then it's back to giant gap and super gentle braking.

My normal driving style doesn't involve much braking so having to gently touch the pedal to light the brake lights for the benefit of the tailgater does get annoying, but usually they'll eventually either back off or overtake.

• Like 1

I was driving down a busy strategic highway at rush hour (A1) so you have local commuters mixing with long haul drivers.  Both lanes were full and at about 48 mph.

I had the standard 3 bar Toyota interval and quite happy if someone chose to pull into the gap.  As lane 2 was slightly faster that was unlikely. 

This new Ford transit style in noticeable copper bronze was pushing me.  I dropped out of cruise control and let the speed bleed off.  Dropped to about 36 but the traffic ahead wasn't going anywhere.   He got closer.

When we got to his slip road he obviously thought I should have pulled ahead to let him through 10 seconds sooner.  He pulled inside, then swerved into me hoping I would crunch into lane 2.

Got some good cam footage.  I bet he would have been miffed had I not swerved and instead let him hit me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

The worst thing you can do is speed off as they'll stay stuck on your tail and then if you do have to stop sharply they will almost certainly crash into the back.

If I had not been turning right to go home, I think I could have easily left him in da dust of ma extra wide slicks.

Then let him get catch up a bit and do a handbrake spin, and a few doughnuts as a finishing flourish.

No bother,as we do these every Sunday at McDonald's.

Thus embarrassing him to such an extent that he would never dream of doing such a stupid thing again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Roy124 said:

But Mark,  was it an accident?

I think it might have actually been some sort of electrical fault with the car

18 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

If you are browsing here on your phone then Add Files works

No I’m on an iPad, I can get this site on my iPhone but there’s too many annoying ads on that.

When I had my Mazda MX5 there was invariably an Audi or BMW stuck to my rear  bumper, I always wondered why  😀

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links