Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Illuminated Door Switches - Yaris Design

jthspace

Finding the right switch in the dark often lead to the wrong window being dropped so I investigated Aliexpress for some replacement lit versions.

£35 plus VAT found me the main drivers door switch and three passenger door switches.

ALIEXPRESS YARIS DOOR SWITCHES

I saw the add was for Corolla / RAV4 but they looked the same as my Yaris ones, so I took the chance.

Installation was easy, pop out the door switch panels with a trim removal tool; fronts were easy, rears were tight.

Front door button panel for the driver has three crosshead screws to remove and the replacement put in. The other doors have push-fit switches so it's just a matter of a thin screwdriver to "pop" the tags and click the replacements in.  

Total Time : 30 minutes

I was sweating when I did the front passenger door as the switch refused to work - it was the window-lock toggle on the drivers door that needed to be pushed, obviously unplugging the old drivers switch toggled the lock!

Anyway all of the passenger door switches illuminate as soon as the key is turned, but the drivers door panel only illuminates when the side/headlights are on, weird, but it kind of makes sense.

New Switches

IMG_7238.thumb.JPG.b32affe2724f9789bfd0612ea0c1fd36.JPG

Panel Removed

IMG_7239.thumb.JPG.c9ebda23322228339b0d0f83fe7fdbd7.JPG

Old Drivers Switch - the three screws that need to be removed

IMG_7240.thumb.jpg.b83027a63c6aa5e4b3c73a5ac1d1da70.jpg

New Switches in place - I chose chrome tips

IMG_7241.thumb.JPG.e329bf97dac369247dc12ef118424ffb.JPG

Passenger switches

IMG_7242.thumb.JPG.4310593633da18265edfb06b9c7b32fe.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

does the auto function work on all windows?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

does the auto function work on all windows?

Yes, auto up/down or momentary (switch has indent position, same as originals)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah they look exactly like the rav ones I fitted a while back.  

• Like 2

Quick Update . . . pictures taken when it's a bit darker!

IMG_7243.JPG

IMG_7244.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Yeah they look exactly like the rav ones I fitted a while back.  

it's not unusual for parts to be shared across models it reduces the cost and you have fewer parts to stock

Thats a very good wee upgrade.  I did this on my last Toyota Rav4 years ago and the switches on all 4 doors where excellent quality from Aliexpress. 

God only knows why "we" have to do this after spending many thousands on a car, Toyota should be doing this on all of their cars.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 7:06 PM, jthspace said:

Quick Update . . . pictures taken when it's a bit darker!

Thank you very much for posting the link for those switches. Just got mine from AliExpress.

That is going to be a very LONG weekend installing these along with mood lights EVERYWHERE, center console, front and back footwells and also front and back door handles even though mine doesn't have pre existing wiring to the doors or under the front seats.

I'll try to take pictures during and after if things go well and don't forget.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you get the hang of it, 3 passenger switches is 1 minute each. Although I managed to crack the front passengers side case it was so little that it was not a problem. But after that the other 2 went easy 

PXL_20240216_164806053.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240216_164707716.jpg

• Thanks 1

Think your door switches are on the wrong door

🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jthspace said:

🤣😂🤣😂

Isn’t the OP’s a LHD model ..

1 hour ago, jthspace said:

🤣😂🤣😂

Then you must not be married. I "let" the misses handle the windows 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 2

On 1/27/2024 at 1:50 PM, jthspace said:

Finding the right switch in the dark often lead to the wrong window being dropped so I investigated Aliexpress for some replacement lit versions.

£35 plus VAT found me the main drivers door switch and three passenger door switches.

I saw the add was for Corolla / RAV4 but they looked the same as my Yaris ones, so I took the chance.

Installation was easy, pop out the door switch panels with a trim removal tool; fronts were easy, rears were tight.

Front door button panel for the driver has three crosshead screws to remove and the replacement put in. The other doors have push-fit switches so it's just a matter of a thin screwdriver to "pop" the tags and click the replacements in.  

I was sweating when I did the front passenger door as the switch refused to work - it was the window-lock toggle on the drivers door that needed to be pushed, obviously unplugging the old drivers switch toggled the lock!

Anyway all of the passenger door switches illuminate as soon as the key is turned, but the drivers door panel only illuminates when the side/headlights are on, weird, but it kind of makes sense.

New Switches

Panel Removed

Passenger switches

I have just installed these, however my window lock button just isn't working. When pressed it does not illuminate (original had a green light) and none of the windows lock. I think it's faulty but thought I would just ask on here just in case I have missed something really simple! Thanks in advance.

You can buy LHD and RHD versions, did you order the RHD version?

See my photo above, note the position of the door lock/unlock and the window lock switches.

• Like 1

Yes I did, all the window switches work fine but the window lock button just has no affect, no green light on the switch when pressed and no windows lock....

2 hours ago, jthspace said:

You can buy LHD and RHD versions, did you order the RHD version?

See my photo above, note the position of the door lock/unlock and the window lock switches.

Yeah I wondered the same, there's loads of cheap lhd ones but very few rhd.

The only thing I could see though was that those were switched.

Trouble with buying any of these aftermarket things from China is that you can't guarantee anything.  

I have the rhd ones in my Rav and the window lock button works but doesn't light up correctly.

3 hours ago, Chunky12345 said:

Yes I did, all the window switches work fine but the window lock button just has no affect, no green light on the switch when pressed and no windows lock....

If you bought from Aliexpress then raise a dispute, I've had to do that a coup,e of times over the years and got my money back with no hassle.

Yes I did and have started the return. Just a real shame that it takes a while to get the refund but there you go. I have ordered another so hopefully that one will work just fine 🤞

May do the same to my 2015 Auris Hybrid. Also LED interior lights. Why only one boot light is crazy.

Not long after buying my 1996 Volvo 940 I added illuminated window switches from a higher grade 940. Also fitted full grey leather as had part leather.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 2 switches from 2 different AliExpress sellers neither have worked as they should. All switches illuminated and auto up and down and central locking and unlocking all worked. The problem is the window lock switch, it does nothing. Some might be able to live with that but I can't with a 3 year old sat in the back.

Yaris Cross all listed in sellers description, one even listing Premier Edition which I have but just no luck.

I will have to just give up on this option for now.

20240229_173932.jpg

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

It does lock the windows, just not the driver's side.

On 2/29/2024 at 6:47 PM, Chunky12345 said:

Well after 2 switches from 2 different AliExpress sellers neither have worked as they should. All switches illuminated and auto up and down and central locking and unlocking all worked. The problem is the window lock switch, it does nothing. Some might be able to live with that but I can't with a 3 year old sat in the back.

Yaris Cross all listed in sellers description, one even listing Premier Edition which I have but just no luck.

I will have to just give up on this option for now.

20240229_173932.jpg

On 1/27/2024 at 1:50 PM, jthspace said:

New Switches

Panel Removed

Passenger switches

Do you have the link for the one that has the round button for the mirrors ? These look like they would fit in the Yaris Cross ?

13 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Do you have the link for the one that has the round button for the mirrors ? These look like they would fit in the Yaris Cross ?

Sorry, no as I only needed the Yaris one.  Aliexpress have lots so a search will hopefully identify one for the Cross

I got genuine used items off eBay the Yaris, Corolla and rav4 all use the same switches

mirror controls, it seems the illuminated version has the chrome finish

the main switch and the 3 single switches set me back about £55-60

the window lockout only locks the passenger and rear switch out but can still be controlled by the driver

i didn't post the mod as there was other threads at the time

ps, you can fully configure all the windows in tech stream

tswindowp210.thumb.jpg.b7a6c1c66ab446686938f3f57696b6ad.jpg

I may take a punt and try a set of these for my YC.  They all look the same.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links