Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Did you get a jack, & does a full size wheel fit in the boot

olddriver

Can anyone please help with these questions:-

1. Did you get a jack with your GR86, although the safety bag was a bit light, I assumed that it was in there, but today I found that it isn’t and it’s not in the car?

2. The socket in the glove compartment for the pump, is it a standard cigar lighter fitting ?

3. Does a full size wheel fit in the boot, it looks as though it will?

4. Anyone fitted normal “chrome” alloy wheels or have an opinion on their appearance on the GR86.  I see there’s a pic of a black one on the GT86 sub with normal alloys, but mine is red.  I fitted a chrome grill to my Corolla and it looked much better than black one, but was only about £10!

• 2 weeks later...

1. No. These can be bought either from Toyota, Subaru, or eBay!
2. Not looked at it. But the manual illustrates that it is a std cig lighter connector. I believe it connects in the glovebox compartment.
3. Not sure about full size. Looks like space saver definitely should.
4. Still on originals, but I'd definitely would consider silver, gunmetal or bronze. Not a big fan of black. Matter of taste though.

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much APS.

I like having a full size spare because all or 2 of the tyres rarely need replacing at the same time and so I use one that is not completely worn out as a spare, but I suppose that I could keep it in the garage. Because of cost, I don’t usually rotate my tyres so that I only have to replace 2 tyres at a time, but I always fit new ones on the front.  Using a space saver rather than a full size would save a bit of weight too.

At a second look, the spare wheel well is definitely only for a space saver. You would not fit a full size wheel there. But that is fine – in my view – as a space saver will get you home or a to garage. And, as you say, it will save you weight.

On 2/13/2024 at 7:13 AM, olddriver said:

Because of cost, I don’t usually rotate my tyres so that I only have to replace 2 tyres at a time, but I always fit new ones on the front.

It will have a much more even wear between front and rear compared to a front wheel drive car and you are likely to need to replace all four at once. The 86 is pretty rear end biased. Hence you want more grip in the rear. Run your good tyres there and/or with lower tyre pressures. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, APS said:

The 86 is pretty rear end biased. Hence you want more grip in the rear. Run your good tyres there and/or with lower tyre pressures. 

Thanks, I did wonder.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links