Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Your Job ?

daktari

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Firthy

• corollasr

• Scottish_SR

• jdbecks

Damn im so envious, im a boarder too, ant ad bin on the snow though, i go to halifax, well havent been for about a year now, got my own board and everything else great laugh love it :thumbsup:

Well i did study computers for 3 years at college, but didnt come out doing a computing job :P

Just working at a business park for HSBC... :rolleyes:

Damn im so envious, im a boarder too, ant ad bin on the snow though, i go to halifax, well havent been for about a year now, got my own board and everything else great laugh love it :thumbsup:

well i'm allowed one person at a time out to stay for as long as they want for free accomodation (if u dont mind the floor). ur welcome to come out if u want

what board u got?

ed

Haven't you been down to X-Scape yet at Pontefract? It's only just down the M'Way from Bradford.

well i'm allowed one person at a time out to stay for as long as they want for free accomodation (if u dont mind the floor). ur welcome to come out if u want

what board u got?

ed

OMG :o i cant remember :lol:

To the best of my knowledge at the moment its a salomon i think, quite a nice board, i think its a 156 so it aint that big, nice for the nimbleness, last time i went i could just about pull of decent 180's and very close to doing 360's.

That would be mega!! Keep me informed and il see what i can do :thumbsup:

Final Year Student on a Civil Engineering Degree. Work as a setting out/roads engineer during holidays and part-time barman during term time!! :)

Haven't you been down to X-Scape yet at Pontefract? It's only just down the M'Way from Bradford.

Nah, my cousin went and he said it was crap, no jumps, and the lifts were really slow, plus like corollasr said they are way over priced!!!!

will do mate. i'm gonna abuse the ofer. have as many people out as possible. flights are bout 600 return i think

i got k2 gear. 161 with amazing bindings. got it for a third of its original cost! aint used it yet!

flights to calgary are bout 600 return i thnk

ed

Final Year Student on a Civil Engineering Degree. Work as a setting out/roads engineer during holidays and part-time barman during term time!! :)

Have you done your HND in civils buddy??

Im starting that this year

will do mate. i'm gonna abuse the ofer. have as many people out as possible. flights are bout 600 return i think

i got k2 gear. 161 with amazing bindings. got it for a third of its original cost! aint used it yet!

flights to calgary are bout 600 return i thnk

ed

My bindings were as much as my board they are step ins, and they are so comfortable!!

K2 are muy exspensivo!!!

Bet your board is nice :thumbsup:

I think there will be a fair amount of computer IT geeks  :lol:  :lol:

I am one of them   :thumbsup:

Me too! :lol:

ditto

That what I pose as most days :P .

ditto...

IT support...Was unix.. then NT/2k/XP and now a new SQL Based with a VB front end....only just got seconded to this...

and yeah.. you will find a thread not too far in the past like this were it seemed like 50% of the peeps here were connected to IT!... :thumbsup:

Final Year Student on a Civil Engineering Degree. Work as a setting out/roads engineer during holidays and part-time barman during term time!!  :)

I just started the BEng degree after school. Just finished 3rd year so got my standard BEng degree. Now just need the honours!

Sometimes wish I had started at college to do the HNC/HND as it seems more site based (contractor orientated) where as the degree has far too much design!

Just my preference though.

So you enjoying it all??

ross

im in the army...you guys pay my wages for me to do nothing except play rugby and pretend i have a job.. :thumbsup:

but i do work when people decide i have to go to war

My bindings were as much as my board they are step ins, and they are so comfortable!!

K2 are muy exspensivo!!!

yeh it looks really nice. without discounts it was bout £1200. when i get home i'll sort out a pic of it and send u a pm. its all nice and clean and untouched. i dont wanna use it and damamge it coz of some stupid skiier skiing over it in a lift queue!

Final Year Student on a Civil Engineering Degree. Work as a setting out/roads engineer during holidays and part-time barman during term time!!  :)

I just started the BEng degree after school. Just finished 3rd year so got my standard BEng degree. Now just need the honours!

Sometimes wish I had started at college to do the HNC/HND as it seems more site based (contractor orientated) where as the degree has far too much design!

So you enjoying it all??

ross

Well im on an apprentiship, working for a civils firm, i go day release which is good because i get the qualifications as well as the experience. Just finished 2yr ONC, and going onto HND.

So you will have letters after your name, posh so and so :P :lol:

Yeah i like it, dont really like the coursework etc. hated school thats why i left as soon as i could :D :thumbsup:

K2 are muy exspensivo!!!

yeh it looks really nice. without discounts it was bout £1200. when i get home i'll sort out a pic of it and send u a pm. its all nice and clean and untouched. i dont wanna use it and damamge it coz of some stupid skiier skiing over it in a lift queue!

£1200 WOW, good job you got it discounted, was that just for the board or bindings as well??

ARGH Dont talk to me about skiiers :ffs:

The abount of scratches i have on my board from them :ffs: although i took one out on the slope at halifax, he was waiting in the middle of the slope behind a jump and i came round the corner and WHAM cleaned him :lol::lol: it was so funny i got applauded by the boarders!!

Look forward to seeing the pics

but i do work when people decide i have to go to war

hehehe, i think you will find that none of us acutally want you to go to war.... but the PM does, so his vote counts more than the majority vote :D

back to the subject.... im a quality manager for an IT company and next month i will be relocating up north for the same company to be a site manager :)

oh and im a part time pimp to help fund my mods..... but dont tell anyone ;)

So you enjoying it all??

ross

Well im on an apprentiship, working for a civils firm, i go day release which is good because i get the qualifications as well as the experience. Just finished 2yr ONC, and going onto HND.

So you will have letters after your name, posh so and so :P :lol:

Yeah i like it, dont really like the coursework etc. hated school thats why i left as soon as i could :D :thumbsup:

Lol. Letters after my name. So are you going to go into design or contracting??

I always thought design but ive had a fair bit experience on site now and prefer it to the design.

The uni course teaches you so much stuff and half of it, I will never ever use. I learn more on site than I do in the classroom. :bookworm:

What civils firm are you working for??

I work in the erection business...

That is to say, I put up marquees. "Don't worry about your marquee, sir - Your erection is in safe hands."

Not gonna be in it for ages though as I think I'll be off the the RAF.

£1200 WOW, good job you got it discounted, was that just for the board or bindings as well??

ARGH Dont talk to me about skiiers :ffs:

The abount of scratches i have on my board from them :ffs: although i took one out on the slope at halifax, he was waiting in the middle of the slope behind a jump and i came round the corner and WHAM cleaned him :lol::lol: it was so funny i got applauded by the boarders!!

Look forward to seeing the pics

that price was for everything. board, bindings, boots. gotta track down a bag, hat, gloves, trousers and a jacket yet.

skiiers are the most annoying people on two legs, but then again i'm sure the skiiers think the same of us. o well. i'm going to canada with an agencyso theres gonan be about 30 others. trying to get them all to board. build up an army of them a i can teach them the basics, they can learn the rest themselves

well psyched about it now. thinking i'll work as a barman. no end of free drinks and hot women :drool::drool::drool::drool:

ed

Lol. Letters after my name. So are you going to go into design or contracting??

I always thought design but ive had a fair bit experience on site now and prefer it to the design.

The uni course teaches you so much stuff and half of it, I will never ever use. I learn more on site than I do in the classroom. :bookworm:

What civils firm are you working for??

Work for a firm that do drainage, and they have a contract with Yorkshire Water, i basically draw the schemes up on CAD, do levelling and surveying. Its not bad i quite like it, but like anyother job has its moments.

Yeah i find that what i have learnt at college so far has no relevance to what my job entails, learne more at work because its more hands on.

But you will have letters after your name wont you?

I'm a Research Scientist, I help design and improve hydrogen fuel cells mostly.

but to explain my job is quite hard, cause i dont know myself sometimes :blink:

but the pay is good and the working environment is very good. :)

the only problem is i'm the youngest and there are no sexy ladies, only a few 45+ women; which is no eye pleaser :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links