Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Toyota App randomly working on Android phone

David64

Hi
I recently purchased a new Toyota BZ4X car (8/01/24). During the handover from Toyota the My Toyota App failed to load (Toyota Badge screen displayed permanently) so the salesman could not register my Android phone with the vehicle. Not a great start to picking up a new car!

Subsequent to this I have been trying off and on to load the My Toyota App but again it just displays the initial Toyota Badge screen and goes no further. I did read online about other people having similar problems and one solution suggested was to clear the Android cache for the My Toyota application. I tried this and was successful in getting into the MyToyota App ONCE! After subsequent attempts to load the My Toyota App again the Toyota Badge screen is displayed (which frankly I am getting fed up seeing!!).

As of writing (1 month after picking up the car) I still cannot get into the My Toyota App reliably.  Interestingly my partner has an Apple phone and she has been able to get in, although reports that that there is a lot of "buffering" going on whenever trying to do anything. 

Can anyone advise if they have similar issues and or how I can resolve this. Reported this to Toyota and did not hear anything!!

Thanks,
David

Topic moved to Toyota MyT/My Toyota apps

What make and version of android phone do you have?

Make sure you have location services and bluetooth both enabled in the app settings. Android sometimes removes these permissions and apps often need it (especially location services for Bluetooth)

Hi Jonathan,

I have a Samsung Galaxy M30s running Android version 11 (Patch level April 2023).

Yes, location services were enabled "when running the App" and bluetooth is enabled.

Thanks,

David

Hi I’m having problems with the app,at the moment I’m locked out of the app for remote services, it says I’ve had three failed attempts when I hadn’t tried to use it and now it wants me to go to the dealer to authorise it.

Awful service/technology implementation. I should have bought a Tesla!!`

Not sure what happened recently but I did notice that there was an update to the My Toyota App. Since then it seems to be working a lot better in that I can actually get onto My Toyota.

2.5.2 (234).  It was 230 a few days back.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links