Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New CHR model premiere edition not saving settings

Jade_C-HR

My new C-HR premiere edition was delivered last Tuesday, the guy was showing me how to use everything, we changed a few things and turned something's off but as soon as I turned the car off and back on it again it doesn't save any of these settings. So I am having to do this before I drive anywhere everytime there must be a way, anyone else having this issue? Or any ideas please.

I know for a fact there is no way. The things you can permanently change are like the beeps for speed etc. if you long press ok you can change it to just flashing and set the speed limits.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jade_C-HR said:

My new C-HR premiere edition was delivered last Tuesday, the guy was showing me how to use everything, we changed a few things and turned something's off but as soon as I turned the car off and back on it again it doesn't save any of these settings. So I am having to do this before I drive anywhere everytime there must be a way, anyone else having this issue? Or any ideas please.

Modern cars are equipped with safety systems that default to On every time the car is started. This is determined by the various homologation rules rather than any one manufacturer. Whether this is considered common sense or interference by the nanny state is open to debate.

Your car will be equipped with the latest such systems that Toyota has to offer and their use will be governed by the latest set of rules. What you can configure on either a permanent basis or trip by trip will be described in the online manual for your car. Simply enter your VIN to get the correct manual for your car (if you have downloaded it already). The "customizable features" are discussed in section 8.

Which specific settings do you wish to configure?

• Like 1

Also, I've just now scanned the owner's manual for your new car - have you set-up My Settings to recognise you as the driver or are you simply driving as Guest? I suspect if the later, it will continue to use the default settings for Guest - I don't know for sure, just guessing! 😉 

53 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Modern cars are equipped with safety systems that default to On every time the car is started. This is determined by the various homologation rules rather than any one manufacturer. Whether this is considered common sense or interference by the nanny state is open to debate.

Don't forget the SOS eCall system that certain people also get stressed over as they think big brother is tracking them 🤣

The settings I want to stay turned off are lane departure assist, as I do city driving with cars parked either side this really doesn't work on this situation just fighting with the car!

The driver attention setting and the beeping when I'm a mile over the speed limit. I know how to change them all it just resets when I start the car again.

And to adjust the other question I have set my profile up

The lane departure is very annoying, on my 21 corolla you could turn it off and it would stay off, not anymore though. Sometimes it’s quite a fight with the wheel. I try to remember to turn it off every time I go out.  

Looking at the picture below it looks like there there is a button on the steering wheel like mine that you can press to turn off the lane departure setting...?

image.thumb.png.a385e0bdf01e95a9ed66f0f596e187b8.png

Yeah that's right I can do this one on the steering wheel the beeping is the most annoying and the driver assist as I sometimes am one handed steering and blocking the face sensor 🤦🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, Harters said:

Looking at the picture below it looks like there there is a button on the steering wheel like mine that you can press to turn off the lane departure setting...?

image.thumb.png.a385e0bdf01e95a9ed66f0f596e187b8.png

I rang the Toyota dealer and they have confirmed that there currently isn't a a way to keep these settings saved and turned off, he even took the car into servicing to see if they could change the programming but it still just reset. Maybe they'll be a patch or update but I doubt it. I will just have to change settings everytime 😕

4 minutes ago, Jade_C-HR said:

I rang the Toyota dealer and they have confirmed that there currently isn't a a way to keep these settings saved and turned off, he even took the car into servicing to see if they could change the programming but it still just reset. Maybe they'll be a patch or update but I doubt it. I will just have to change settings everytime 😕

If it's anything like the Yaris, you have two choices for the lane assist, either the beeps, or vibration through the steering wheel. I chose vibration through the steering wheel (no beeps) and I hardly notice it any more.

8 minutes ago, Jade_C-HR said:

Have you set-up My Settings to recognise you as the driver, or are you simply driving as Guest?

As it was said before. You have to make a profile and make sure to load it every time. You can select to associate your profile with a key (or your smartphone, your face, password) and then it loads by itself when you start the car. 

Lane centering option will stay off if you load your profile.

Any settings you change and want to be memorized you will have to change in your profile not in the car settings (infotainment).

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 4:48 PM, Jade_C-HR said:

Did the car come with a heated steering wheel? I'm going to very dissapointed if it does not

On 2/14/2024 at 1:23 PM, Cristian CH said:

As it was said before. You have to make a profile and make sure to load it every time. You can select to associate your profile with a key (or your smartphone, your face, password) and then it loads by itself when you start the car. 

Lane centering option will stay off if you load your profile.

Any settings you change and want to be memorized you will have to change in your profile not in the car settings (infotainment).

It has nothing to do with my profile my profile loads every single time it recognises my face says welcome Jade other things have saved however these 3 things do not

On 2/14/2024 at 10:42 PM, aa2099 said:

Did the car come with a heated steering wheel? I'm going to very dissapointed if it does not

No 👎🏻 the première edition does not I thought it did but must be the GR sport option

• 1 month later...

I’ve just bought a CHR 2024 excel the beeping over 1 mile the speed is so annoying and distracting and invariably the car has the speed limit wrong!! I’m very disappointed with this feature, it makes me purposely drive 4 miles over to stop the blasted beeping!!!!! We should be able to turn it off what’s the point of settings if it resets ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Sarahrubymabel said:

I’ve just bought a CHR 2024 excel the beeping over 1 mile the speed is so annoying and distracting and invariably the car has the speed limit wrong!! I’m very disappointed with this feature, it makes me purposely drive 4 miles over to stop the blasted beeping!!!!! We should be able to turn it off what’s the point of settings if it resets ridiculous. 

This is one of a number of safety systems which, within the EU and UK, are already mandatory for new models, and which are becoming mandatory for all new cars from July this year. So it cannot be turned off permanently. It is a matter of getting used to it.

This may well be the case but the car needs to get the speed limit correct in Dumfries it constantly states the A75 is 40 miles an hour when in fact it is 60!  Annoying also if it’s EU and UK law why can it be turn off at the start of each journey it’s contradictory otherwise this feature would lot be available at all. 

12 minutes ago, Sarahrubymabel said:

Annoying also if it’s EU and UK law why can it be turn off at the start of each journey it’s contradictory otherwise this feature would lot be available at all. 

Because that is what the law states / allows - the driver can deliberately disable the system for any individual trip, and the system must reset each time the car is switched on (because the system doesn't then know who the driver is nor their specific wishes).

I believe that you can set the car to show visual but not audio warnings and that setting will persist between trips. Have you tried this set-up?

The issue of the car getting the speed limit 'wrong' is a combination of limitations in the speed limit sign recognition technology and the ability of the local authority to display clear speed limit signage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links